Chapter 14: Dreams

Image of Georgie Henley as Rose Weasley above. Enjoy!

The dream didn't stop coming. Albus's screams became more and more unbearable to hear and the cruciatus curse felt more and more realistic every night. One night, I could have sworn I heard a second scream, the scream of my other brother, James. Both of their voices crying out for help and I could do was stand there, unable to move.

Last night's dream was by far the worse, Albus's screams pierced through the veil of silence like a pin popping a balloon. Albus wasn't just calling out for help anymore, he was calling out for me, screaming my name and asking me to save him. An incredible weight hit me face on, what if I couldn't do anything? What if the reason Albus died was because I didn't know how to save him? Couldn't save him...

**********

I woke up the next morning and quickly pulled on my school robes and straightened the Gryffindor badge which sat proudly on my chest. I hated being late for breakfast since James saw the hickey on my neck as my presence acted as a buffer between him and Scorpius.

I raced down the hallway pulling my school bag over my shoulder as I did try not to run into the tiny first years also on their way to breakfast. I saw Scorpius coming down the hallway as I did, his nose in the third book of the Chronicles of Narnia, The Horse, and His Boy. Smiling as I walked up to greet him I tripped on a First year's books that had been knocked across the hall.

I bent down and helped the small girl with bright blue eyes and hair the same color as Albus's to pick up her books, "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to knock them out of your hands," I apologized picking up her thin notebook.

She nodded, her black hair falling in curtain's around her face, "It's not our fault, someone else knocked them out of my hands."

I frowned and handed back her books, "Well, then I'm sorry that they did that to you."

The little girl finally looked up from her books and looked at me, her eyes widening like there was a bat on my head, "You're Lily Potter," was all she said to explain her shocked expression.

"I am," I said standing back up clearly towering over her, "And you are?"

She smiled brightly, "Molly Harman," she said holding out her hand for me to shake, "I've read about you back home when I got my letter."

I smiled, "Really? What did you read about me?" I asked as I walked towards Scorpius.

"That you the best seeker Hogwarts has seen since your father. Oh! And that you're the only daughter of Harry Potter. My brother swoons over you, we're from America but we moved to England when I was six. He was 8," she giggled, "Did you know that they sell a poster of you in your Quidditch uniform in America, it's like you're a model or something. Everybody over there is obsessed with one of your brothers or you," she smiled, "I read a book once that said you are taller than Albus, is that true?" she asked.

I giggle and shook my head, "No, all of my family members are taller than me, I'm the shortest out of all of them."

Molly smiled, "That's probably why you are so fast on your broom!"

I nodded, "Probably," I said once we finally met up with Scorpius.

Molly looked up at the boy who towered over both of us and her eyes grew to the size of a coke bottle, "Are you Scorpius Malfoy?"

Scorpius looked at me clearly confused, and I answered for him, "He is."

Molly looked at us confused, "But aren't your families sworn enemies?" She asked.

I looked at Scorpius who cleared his throat, "When our fathers were in school they were, but they have matured now."

Molly glanced at me again and I smiled back at her, "You two are- are friends?"