Chapter 2: Lessons Learned

I was totally right, my first year was incredibly magical! I learned so much more about the blonde boy I had met on the train and grew closer to him then I thought I would. Apparently, Slytherin isn't in his genetics, as he was in Gryffindor, waiting for me after I was sorted there as well. He is also incredibly smart in everything, except potions. I on the other had, was best at potions and helped him with his third year potions while he helped with my transfiguration. 

I was made Gryffindor seeker by my brother's friend, Calum Wood, in my first year as well, apparently he had told everyone the previous year that the seeker position was unavailable so nobody came to try out. Calum had come over the summer before my first year to hang out with James and also to see my fly, I guess he was impressed since that position was filled by me.

That Christmas, I had received an unexpected package from Scorpius. He had gotten me a bracelet with three charms, a lion, a witch hat, and a wardrobe. The gift also came with a note, one that read:

Dearest Lily,

I had absolutely no idea what to get you for Christmas, and apologize for this gift being late. The enchanted bookmark you had gotten me was so incredibly thoughtful and I am using it every day. While rereading the book, I read when first meeting you, I had gotten the perfect idea for a gift. Though it lacks your incomparable charm, I hope that every time you wear it, you think of our first meeting.

With care,

Scorpius Malfoy

My second year was just as amazing as my first. Scorpius and I had figured out a way to sneak me into Hogsmeade village so that I wouldn't be alone on the weekends. On October 31, my birthday, Scorpius had gotten mea fourth charm for my bracelet, a broomstick for good luck.

I had to practically beg my father to be able to invite Scorpius over to the Burrow on Christmas Day, but he eventually agreed. I had slept by the fireplace the night before his arrival, waiting for Scorpius to floo in. When he finally got to our home, he and I spent the whole day catching up and talking. For Christmas, I had Gran teach me how to knit to make him his own Weasley sweater. Though it wasn't perfect, I had managed to knit him a scarlet sweater with a gold S on the front.  Scorpius had gotten me an Opal charm in the shape of a scorpion to show my zodiac sign. I had told him about my obsession with star gazing and he clearly listened.

That year, we won the Quidditch Cup for the second year in a row! In the finals, I caught the snitch in 27 minutes, which was a new record time. I blamed Scorpius's new charm for the win, he denied the credit though. The party in our common room that followed was probably the most fun I had in my entire life, Scorpius and I had danced until the morning.

My third year was one of enlightenment. In the past year I had started to notice just how overprotective James was. I guess that didn't scare away Lorcan Scamander though. It was my first year to get to go to Hogsmeade on the weekends and on the very first weekend, Lorcan had asked me to go with him. I was ecstatic! I had Scorpius help me pick out my outfit and rushed down to greet Lorcan on the stairs.

Lorcan and I started dating only two weeks after our initial outing. Scorpius and I's friendship sort of dwindled during those 5 months, which was probably my biggest regret. The night before our 6 month anniversary, I caught Lorcan cheating on me with Pandora Zambini. I can't lie, it did hurt, but when Scorpius found out he quickly came to me and comforted me. 

Now, James is even more protective and sometimes is a bit harsh to Scorpius as well. Though i had slacked as a friend to Scorpius, he forgave me and he and I were back to being inseparable. 

Now I'm about to start my fourth year and can't wait to see what this year has in store.   

Alright, so I had originally started this fanfic with her first year to give you guys that scorlily back ground, this chapter kinda serves as a catch-up chapter to set up the rest of the story line which is needed to be in her 4th year. Thank you so much for reading!

Read, Vote, and Comment!

-Morgan