Chapter Six

Chapter Six

I went the whole day without running into Zane again. He had completely ruined my day with just talking to me, and seeing him might have just set me off. I could feel him stare at me and although insults sat perched on my tongue, I kept them in. I didn't know if he was gay for me or not... and I wasn't quite sure why I wanted him to be.

I sighed as I walked into History, knowing he was in the class and just waiting to ruin my day even more. God seemed to be punishing me as I walked in and ran right into Zane. I crashed against his big body because I was too stuck up in my head and cursing his very existence. When I felt his arms around me to keep me up, I boiled.

"Watch out, blondie," he whispered close to me. I pushed him away from me quickly, gaining the classes attention, because, let's face it, the preacher's son pushing on the new bad boy was a sight well worth seeing.

I went to step past him but he blocked me. "Move," I hissed, refusing to stare into his haunting green eyes.

"Make me," he shot back. I bit down so hard my jaw cracked. I inhaled deeply through my nose and finally met his eyes. "You have a temper on you, blondie."

"Move. Now." It was my final warning and my anger was telling me I was about to do something against the rules real soon if he didn't listen to me.

"Or what?" he finally shot back. We stared into each other's eyes with tension pouring out of us and dare vibrating between us. Both were so thick you could practically cut them with a knife.

"Paeon! Thomas! Get to your seats before I push your asses in them for you." Coach snapped as we continued to stand toe to toe. Every student was watching us, hoping to see the preacher's son and the town's bad boy throw down in the middle of class.

"Do something, blondie." His eyes gleamed with mischief as he spoke. I swallowed my hate for the dark haired man in front of me. I walked past him, bumping my shoulder into his and felt a quick spark at the contact but kept walking, knowing I needed to straighten out my head. "That's what I thought," he drawled from behind me.

I felt myself blow up and quickly whipped around. I slammed my fist into Zane's face and watched as he fell backwards. The whole class gasped as Zane smirked up at me before he stood up and threw me against the wall. We started to full out fight then, with the class cheering louder than they did even in the stadiums as Coach tried to make it pass the ring of students to pull us apart.

When Hank finally pulled me away from Zane and Coach grabbed Zane away from me, we were both pretty messed up. My anger had hit its maximum in a way I had never experienced before in my life. I just couldn't understand why he got under my skin so much.

"Paeon! Thomas! Office. Now!" Coach snapped as he threw Zane out of the classroom by his jacket collar. Coach was breathless as he stared at me, and Hank who was still holding me. "Get him out of here, Hank." Hank yanked me out of the room and we both saw Zane heading toward the office with a grin.

Asshole.

"What the fuck, Jes?" Hank snapped into my ear. "Your dad is going to flip when he hears about this!"

"I don't care," I spat out as I watched Zane strut ahead in front of us. "He was begging for a beating." My body shook with the adrenaline pumping through me.

Hank stared at me. "This isn't you, man. What is wrong with you? Never in my eighteen years of knowing you have you ever fought someone."

He was right of course. I was scared of what Dad was going to do, but at that moment, none of it mattered. I just had to get my hands on him. It seemed like my brain was clouding with sinful thoughts of either wanting to be near him or wanting to beat the hell out of him.