Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Zane and I pulled up to my house about an hour later with a bit of tension remaining between the two of us, but it was nothing that couldn't be fixed with a little sex. Most things could be fixed with a little sex if you ask me. I just didn't want it to be the answer to everything we did.

We got Zane's bike off the back of my truck after he had ripped his own shirt off and we cleaned ourselves up. The blood could not be explained to my father in any way he would believe it without it directly correlating to Satan worshipping. We walked into the house and it was quieter than I'd expected.

Usually, when Dad's car and Mom's car was outside it meant that he was helping her cook and they were listening to old music. It was one of the only times I didn't hate my dad, but today it was like I was home alone. My stomach grew tight as Zane and I walked closer to the kitchen.

I walked into the room and found Mom, Dad, and Principle Burke all sitting at the table with a laptop in the center of them all. I was confused until I heard "Zane! Oh Zane! Harder!" come out of the speakers of the small laptop. I froze in place as Zane stopped behind me. My mom was crying and shaking her head, Dad was glaring at the laptop like it was the homosexual in the room, and Principle Burke was looking away, disgusted. I knew what was going on, on that screen; it was me being fucked by Zane on Coach B's desk.

I couldn't take the sounds of pleasure anymore and slammed the laptop closed before taking a few steps back. Zane slid his palm against mine and I locked them together with my fingers to keep myself anchored down.

Everyone looked up at me and then at Zane and then at the laptop, before sliding their eyes down to our intertwined hands. I wasn't watching everyone though. I was watching my father.

"Dad-"

"Don't you dare, Jessie!" he yelled, causing me to flinch backwards.

"You don't understand though-" I tried again but he shut me up by standing up. I felt my upper body freeze up as my legs grew numb. Zane's hand in mine was the only real feeling I could register. "Dad-"

"I am not your father!" he yelled. "I could not have helped in giving birth to a faggot!" I tensed at the word as Zane grabbed my hand harder, as if I needed to stop him from attacking my father.

"Dad, please!"

His eyes narrowed at me but I couldn't move. I was caught. I had finally been caught. "You are nothing more than a disgrace to this family," he growled as my mom wiped her tears and looked up at me. I couldn't meet her sweet blue eyes though, because my mother was one of the only people who I knew loved me.

"Sir, you are blowing this out of proportion," Zane said and then my dad's murderous eyes were on him.

"You have no right to speak. You corrupted my son!" he snapped at Zane and I felt his wolf growl inside of me and him. I held his hand closer to me, which turned out to be a bad idea when my dad's eyes rocketed down to them.

I wanted to pull away and say it wasn't me but I couldn't. I loved Zane and I knew where this was about to lead. "You are not allowed to see this boy ever again," he snapped and I shook my head, only to be stopped when he walked around the table. "I will not have our reputation going down the drain because of some rebellious streak you're having. Get in your room and stay there."

I went to take a step back but was stopped by Zane. "You have no idea who your son even is, and the first glimpse, although explicit, makes you turn against him completely? You make me sick."

"Zane," I hushed but the damage was done.

"You come anywhere near my son and you will have a lawsuit on your hands," my dad sneered. "I will make it to where no one will want you here or alive for that matter."

I stepped in-between them and glared. "Don't threaten him!" I snapped and before I could even move, his fist made contact with my cheek. I fell down as my mom screamed at my dad and Zane growled.

"You do not put your hands on my mate!" he shouted and grabbed my dad by his throat. I watched Zane slam him against the wall and jumped up when he punched him in his face.

"Zane, no!" I screamed and tried to pull him away. I ripped him away as Mom went to my dad and Principle Burke just stared at everyone like they were crazy.

He grabbed my face in his hand and frowned at the sore part of my face. "He hurt you."

I shook my head and sniffled as tears started to finally come. "You have to go, Zane."

"I will not."

"You have to," I whimpered. He looked around and then kissed me smack on the lips, freezing everyone in the room. I kissed him back, not sure if this was the last time I would be able to see him or what was to come next.

He pulled away and I wiped my tears. "I love you. Remember that," I said softly.

"What about Xavier?" he asked, but I shook my head.

"We'll figure it out later," I promised and kissed him again. "Now go."

Zane cupped my face one more time and kissed me slowly before letting go. "I love you too, blondie," I watched as he ran out the door and cried harder as my dad finally stood back up. I watched as the love of my life got on his motorcycle and then drove off into the night.

I wiped my face quickly as Dad grabbed me by the back of my neck. "If you think you are ever allowed to leave this house again, you are mistaken. No school thanks to you and your faggot fucking in a classroom, no football because I am done with that bullshit, and you will be studying the Bible until you breathe it. I will not let you be a faggot. I will not!"

I glared at him as my mom eased his hand off of me. "Charles, he understands," she said and then she touched my sore cheek. "You didn't have to hit him."

"I will hit him until the gay is out of him, if that is what it takes!" he snapped and then ushered Principle Burke out. I cried and shook my head, wondering how a bad day could become so much worse. I just wanted to have one day with him. One. And this is where I was. Caught in a lie by the preacher.

"I love him, Mom. I do," I cried, and when I thought she would push me away, she pulled me closer.

"I know you do, Jessie. I know," she whispered and for the first time I felt accepted for who I was, even if she didn't really accept me.