Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I walked into the school on Wednesday after the last bell. My dream haunted me as I walked through the campus. I was reluctant to see Zane after what had happened last night. I didn't know what to do now. My brain had conjured up some... creature all through a man I couldn't get to escape my head.

I walked through the halls, just waiting to see him, but there was no sign of him until I walked into the gym where we were supposed to clean up next. I walked in quietly, only to stop when I found Zane talking to a boy with brown hair. He was attractive and his yellow eyes gleamed with mischief as Zane looked down at him. I hid behind the bleachers and watched them through the bars.

"Zane, come home," the boy said. The guy looked rough around the edges, like Zane, yet he wasn't sexy like him. He was more boyish charm then anything.

"I'm busy here, Xavier," Zane answered as he looked around. I ducked down lower as Xavier's eyes slid past me. I got a queasy feeling in my stomach as he looked back at Zane.

"Finding your mate? You have me! Aren't I good enough?" Xavier asked as he cupped Zane's cheek. Mate? Xavier stepped closer and I felt anger prick my skin as I watched them share a long look.

"It's not the same and you know it," Zane finally said.

"He doesn't even like you," Xavier snapped.

I held my breath as their words registered in my head. Mate? I had heard the very same word in my dream last night. I was Zane's mate? He had said it in my dream and I didn't understand, but now listening to these two say it in reality made me feel ill. That would also mean he was some kind of monster. A werewolf.

"He's warming up to me," Zane whispered. "I just need to get through to him."

Xavier snorted as he rubbed his hand across Zane's chest. "Baby, he's the preacher's son. He will never warm up to the fact that he's actually gay."

Zane glared at him and pushed his hand away. "Why are you even here!?" Zane snapped. I could feel aggravation vibrate off of him. I could... feel him. Just like when I looked at him or was near him.

"I want you back. I miss you and your body, baby." Xavier grabbed the ends of Zane's leather jacket. I growled lowly and then shook my head for being so possessive. I shouldn't be acting like this over him. I didn't even know if he was human or not.

Zane let Xavier pull him in and then I watched in horror as the two boys kissed. My body exploded in anger and I couldn't hold it back. I popped out from behind the bleacher with my skin boiling and walked out of the door as quietly as I could. I walked into the bathroom and leaned against the sink.

I saw my reflection in the mirror and frowned. I was the same. Tall, muscular, blonde. My blue eyes were the same shade and yet all I saw was the change I was going through.

Zane was to blame for all of this. Before he had come, I was popular. I was the all-American good boy with a perfect smile. Girls fought for me. Boys envied me. And now! Now, I was confused about everything I had ever known. He was changing my logic, breaking my rules, and I couldn't stop him.

He was a sin.

The ultimate sin.