Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

"Zane," I groaned in frustration as he tried to kiss me. "I said no." I walked away from him and heard him curse under his breath as I walked up the stairs.

"Jessie, it happened once!" he whined as I made it to our shared room. I rolled my eyes at him and set my coffee on the bedside table. I refused to have sex with him until I was under control. A few nights ago we were in the middle of fucking and I got one bad thought about my dad finding me and I shifted and scratched him so bad we had to stop.

My wolf was a rascally devil. He loved mischief and I could feel it in my soul. He loved to tease and prod at Zane, working him up before my control came back and I had to walk away. It was like not having control of my own body and yet I did to some extent. I knew when he was there and I knew when he was at bay. I just couldn't control it fully yet.

"Baby," Zane said as he wrapped his arms around me. I pushed him away but he was having none of it. "Jessie, I just want to know you're okay."

I turned in his arms and looked deep into his eyes. My life was so hectic now! Less than a month ago I was a normal, law-abiding citizen and now I'm a fucking werewolf runaway with the hottest mate on the planet. It was enough to make me go crazy but at the same time I never felt so welcomed in my life.

"I'm good," I answered honestly. He grabbed the sides of my face and pulled me in. I kissed him slowly, loving, taking my time with him. Everything was always so rushed and hectic that there was barely time for me to breathe.

I pulled away from him when the kiss felt like it was leading to more. "Come on," he said softly against my neck. "I know you miss it at much as I do."

"Zane," I groaned. I'm not in the mood.

"Yes, you are," he teased as he kissed my neck. I knew he was right but when my wolf started to pace inside of me I pulled away. "Look here, Jessie's wolf. The object of turning him was for us to be together not for him to run! Stay away."

I laughed as my wolf sat down and waited. "Anything else?" I asked with a hint of devil in my voice. He looked into my eyes and pushed me backwards until we were in the adjoined bathroom. My back hit the counter and I bit my lip as excitement rushed through me.

His lips touched my neck and I moaned as my eyes closed. My head fell back as his warm breath fanned down on the burning skin. "I have an idea," he said softly as his hand traveled up my bare torso.

"And what is that?" I hummed as my wolf rolled over and bared his stomach in submission.

"I've been pretty easy on you. Maybe I should try to fuck you hard and slow- make you really feel it," he said hushed against my skin. I grabbed a hold of his back and yanked him closer, feeling for the first time since my wolf made an appearance that I was in control.

He kissed me on the lips roughly, not holding back. I loved this feeling though. I loved submitting to my mate and yet still being in control. I knew at any moment I could run and Zane would follow like a lost dog. My wolf had so much power and for the first time he wasn't showing it. He just leaned back and let our mate leave messy kisses down our body and growl in the back of his throat.

I pulled on his long hair, beckoning him closer, begging him to show me what love is through the motions of his tongue. He yanked me to the edge of the counter and ripped the button off of my pants before picking me up in one arm, reeling around and slamming my back against the shower door. My breath came out in a hard puff but the sight that met my eyes as I looked at the mirror welcomed the breath back in with a gasp.

I watched Zane as he ripped the material of my boxers off of me. His back was flexing in a way that made my mouth water and my groin tighten in excitement. Never, in the short amount of time that we had been making love, had it felt so primal and raw. I wanted him so bad and he wanted me just as much.