Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

I looked at the haunting red numbers of my alarm clock with butterflies swarming in my stomach. Dad and Mom were asleep in their room but I couldn't seem to move, even as the alarm vibrated for me to head out.

Everything was so messed up now. Zane and I were... well, I wasn't quite sure to be truthful. I thought that we were together but that's against God's word, is it not? No man shall lay with another? Yet, here I was, almost losing my virginity to a man on the floor of my school gym.

After we decided to stay at the school, it had been hard focusing on actually cleaning. Every time he got close, my body lit up and we would end up against a wall, kissing the dear life out of each other with his hands all over me. Every time I leaned over, he would grab my hips and pull me into him and make me melt at his feet.

I was screwed. Whoever heard of the preacher's son being gay? I was supposed to be like everyone wanted me to be. Perfect. I'm not supposed to feel this way about a male, let alone one who might not even be human.

My phone buzzed beside my head and I picked it up to read it.

Get your ass out that window or I'm going to come and get you myself.

I couldn't help but smile at my phone before getting up. I saw Hank laying on his bed and slid my window up, waving to get his attention. He slowly slid his own up and gave me a smile.

"I'm sneaking out and I need you to do me a favor," I said.

"Excuse me? You're what?" he asked shocked.

"I'm sneaking out!" I hissed.

Hank looked at me like I was the craziest man alive. "The preacher's boy is sneaking out of the house? Never."

I rolled my eyes at his antics and peeked over to see if I could see Zane. "Hank. I need you to call me if a light turns on anywhere in the house. I should be gone all night."

I slowly pulled my shoes on as my phone buzzed again. "You're fucking serious!" he whisper-yelled. "What girl has you doing this shit?"

I winced like he'd hit me and met his warm brown eyes. "Her name is... Zoe?" I lied.

He looked toward the street and frowned. "I want to meet her."

I do not have time for this. "Later!" I hissed. "Hank, can I count on you?" I asked as I slid out of my window and landed in my mother's flower bed. She wouldn't be very happy if she found out but a little TLC would fix it up later.

"You can always count on me," he said softly. I smiled up at him and then huffed when he threw a jacket in my face. I laughed and slid it on. "There you go, badass. Don't freeze your dick off before you can use it."

I flipped him the bird and winked before running toward the front of my house. I found Zane sitting on his motorcycle, parked in front of Hank's house with a cigarette between his lips. Once he saw me, he threw it to the side and grinned.

"Your chariot awaits," he said and I gave a nervous chuckle.

"That shit is not safe," I said.

He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand. "Get on the damn bike."

I looked over the sleek black bike and felt ill. "That shit is not a bike, Zane! That thing is a death trap like 'vroom-vroom- oh no! We're all gonna die!'"

He gave a sexy laugh and pulled me in close. "That was adorable, blondie."

"Don't call me that. I'm the quarterback of a football team, a badass at pool, and the preacher's son, but I am not adorable."