three

1 year before season 1 

Hot and muggy. That was the only way Valentine could describe the August air.  Valentine was sweating her ass off inside of the office of Teller-Morrow. Gemma was no where to be found and Clay had asked her to help. So being the good little princess she was she decided that it would be nice to help out the king and queen. Plus she could see Happy through the door working on a bike. It was a win win for both sides. 

She continued to work for at least an hour and got through a big stack of papers. She was singing  to "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer when she finally noticed Happy standing in front of her.

"Jesus, Happy! You scared the shit out of me!" Valentine said holding her heart. Her breathing finally evening out after the scare. 

" Sorry." Happy said as he smirked down at her. He handed her the paper for the bike he worked on but he lingered for a bit wanting to talk to her but not knowing what to say. He knew that it was wrong, going after the VP's sister, he can't help it. There's something about her and he doesn't know what it is. Maybe it was the fact that she wasn't afraid of him or the thought of her being on top of him in the most innocent way. It made him want to puke, thinking about a girl like this. He never had this and it aggravates him to think some 18 year old chick was making him think of his future. 

"You need anything else Hap?" Valentine questioned. She wanted to talk more. She wanted to know something that no one knew about him. She wanted to know his middle name, wished to hear about his parents and life before becoming a son. But she knew what his answer was going to be... 

"No"