seven

11 months before season 1 

It's been a full month that Happy was in Charming. Two weeks since he signed the papers for the house that he and Val looked at. A month since he was able to sleep at night without a blonde hair girl invading his dreams. It's been two weeks since he was alone with her. Happy of course saw her at the clubhouse but that was different from being alone with her. She was always around Tig or her brother or someone other than him. 

Over the past month of being in Charming he realized why everybody in a different charter loved Valentine and why everybody knew her. She was kind and smart. She was so humble and cool to be around. It was hard not to smile when she talked. Happy found it hard to keep his cool when she would walk in the clubhouse with the biggest smile that he has ever seen on somebody. Her white teeth popping against her rose pink lips. Every time she would walk in, it looked like she was so grateful for being there, with a bunch of dirty old bikers. 

He also realized that a lot of people want her. He couldn't have that. He wouldn't have that. If someone else was able to make her his old lady, it would be in his mind forever, what could of happened if he just sucked it up and asked her on a date or two. 

It was a Saturday and the club had nothing to do until Monday. He was at the clubhouse, along with most of his brothers. They were all chilling at the bar when Gemma comes in looking fierce as ever. 

"I'm having a dinner this Sunday and everybody has to be there. It's Val's last year of high school and I think she deserves a dinner to congratulate her. It's at six, so don't even think about being late any of you." She slid up next to Clay kissing his cheek after saying that. 

"Ok Gem but you know how Val gets when there's a dinner." Tig said. Happy was wondering what he meant when he said that and was about to ask before Gemma spoke. 

"Tig she needs to wear something other than shorts and a tank top for once in her life. She has a beautiful tight body and needs to show it off from time to time." Gemma was a force to be reckoned with and what ever she says goes, Tig understood that nodded his head walking away grabbing the closest sweet butt dragging her towards his dorm. Happy guessed he didn't want to argue with the queen. 

"Don't worry Happy, it'll be an eventful dinner. I just have a feeling. " Jax said walking away and left Happy with his thoughts about how the dinner was going to go. His brothers all agreeing with what Jax said to him. 

At Gemma's Dinner

Happy was nervous about the dinner. He didn't know why. Maybe because he never was at his presidents house or that he never had a big dinner like this with his Tacoma family. He rode with Chibs from the clubhouse to Gemma's and Clay's, him not wanting to be the only one there if he was early or the only one being scolded if he was late. Chibs leading the way, just walked into the big two story home. He could see that everybody was here besides two people. Tig and Valentine. He felt a little sad not seeing the bubbly woman there. 

"Jackson! Will you please call your sister to see where she's at?" Gemma yelled from the kitchen. The house was beautiful, filled with motorcycle memorabilia and pictures of the club. Happy looked at the wall and saw one of Jax and Valentine. Jax looked about 15 and Val about 4. He was teaching her how to ride a bike and her smile, lighting up the whole picture. Happy didn't know that he was smiling down at the picture until Chibs tried to talk to him. 

"What?" Happy said his voice venomous as he spoke. Chibs just laughed 

"That lass has ya wrapped around her wee finger!" Chibs continued to taunt him and laugh until Happy gave him a death glare. Chibs just shock his head laughing at the slightly younger man and walked away from him. Happy following him into the living room where everybody else was at. 

"I had to call Tig, Valentine didn't answer her phone. Said that they are leaving now and that she isn't happy about wearing a dress." Jax laughed and told his mom. Gemma said something that only Jax could hear and made him laugh a little louder and harder.  

It was five minutes before Tig and Val got there. And as soon as she walked in you could tell. Everyone got a little happier and stood to hug her and Tig. It made Happy feel, well, happy. Happy looked at her, she wasn't wearing shorts and a tank top but instead had a light grey dress on that hugged her womanly figure and pushed up her boobs, it wrapping around her neck. She had on knee high heeled boots that made her at least 5'3 instead of her 4'11 height. She still didn't wear any makeup. Her long dirty blonde hair traveled down her back in waves that seemed natural, stopping just above her ass. God did Happy want to ran his fingers through it.  After taking her in, he waked away grabbing a beer out of the fridge, not wanting to lose his cool around his brothers and the gorgeous woman that he ever so wanted.   

Gemma ordered everyone to sit. Val was between Tig and Chibs and sat across from Happy, Happy in the middle of Bobby and Juice. Everybody started eating. Small conversions were happening around the table. The scrapping of the fork against the plate ever so often. Happy looked at Val as she laughed at something someone said. He made a promise to himself that one day he was going to make her laugh like that. 

"So Val you thinking of any colleges?" Bobby asked across the table. 

"Maybe community college for interior design but that's it. I love learning but everybody I ever went to school with are morons." The way she said that made everyone laugh. Everyone besides Jax's wife, Wendy. No one seemed to realize it besides Jax and Happy. Until she spoke. 

"At least you have the opportunity to go to college. You really should be more grateful." Wendy said, hatred for the young girl clear in her voice. Everyone looked at her and could tell she was as high as a kite. Gemma looked at her son, disappointment clear on her face. Jax face turned angry at his wife as he whispered something to the woman. Val just looked at her and shrugged going back to eating, like it never happened. Happy saw this as her being smart and picking her battles but Wendy saw it as something else. 

"Hey! I'm talking to you!" Wendy screamed at Val. Valentine looked at her, her eyes going big for a second and then turned into a glare. 

"I don't care what you think Wendy. You better recognize who you're talking to. I don't care if you're Jax's wife, I'll still beat the fuck out of you." Val said this pointing her fork at Wendy for a second and then continued eating for food like nothing happened. Happy never saw her like this. He liked it though as it was turning him on. The good girl exterior that everyone loves was gone now. Leaving a very angry young woman that wasn't putting up with a junkies words. Everyone seemed surprised when Val said that. It wasn't the innocent girl that they all loved, it was a woman holding her ground. But there she was, eating like nothing happened.

"Jax you gonna let his bitch talk to me like this?" Wendy said looking up at Jax. Val looked at Jax, holding back her laughter as she tried so hard to remain serious.  

"I think it's time to go home Wendy. Thanks ma for dinner. Val I'll be seeing you around." Jax kissed his mother on the cheek and walked passed Val kissing her on the top of her head. When the door closed Tig burst in to laughter. Causing everyone else to laugh. 

"Val I never heard you talk like that. It was hot!" Juice said laughing. Val laughed too, looking at him and then looking at Happy. Seeing that Happy got a little angry when Juice said that she was hot, she smiled at him and laughed even more than before.

"It kind of just came out of me! It was hard trying to control my laughter in between these two." She waved her hand between Chibs and Tig. Tig pulled her into a side hug and kissed her head. It went back to little conversations here and there. Happy kept looking at Val and every time she would catch him. The last time blowing a kiss at him. 

After the dinner, Val was helping Gemma clean up. They were in the kitchen doing dishes, when Gemma spoke. 

"I saw you blow a kiss at Happy. I think it would be a good choice for you. You'll even him out and make him feel human, and he'll teach you some street smarts. Don't worry baby, me and Clay were the only ones that saw. Clay thinks it would be a good idea too. Your daddy would be so proud of the young woman that you became. He would want you with a man like Happy." Gemma kissed Val on the cheek, lingering for a bit and left her to process the news all by her lonesome. 

Val smiled and said something to herself. 

"Yup definitely going to be my old man." She went back to doing the dishes. Smiling even more hearing her family laughing in the living room.