five

1 year before season 1

Happy kept picking her up and dropping her off at school until her car was done at the shop. They would have the same conversation everyday. It was getting annoying. Happy wanted to talk to her other than say the words 'are you ready to leave'. He would be at the house at 7:45 talk to Tig about club business. Tig would leave. 8:15 Valentine would come down in a tank top and shorts wearing her black Doc Martens that she wore everyday. She'll eat a bowl of cereal and Happy would stare her down. He'll ask if she was ready and she'll say she needs to brush her teeth. It was repetitive. Valentine's car is going to be ready by the end of the day. So when he picked her up from school he drove to the small diner that Charming had. 

"What are we doing here?" Valentine questioned as she got off his bike. He grabbed her helmet and put it on his handle bars. He grabbed her hand and went inside the dinner. When they walked in the hostess looked at the biker and the small girl judgmentally. She seated them all the way in the back, away from other people. 

"Happy, why are we here?" Val asked again. 

"I was hungry. So either get something or just sit there." He stated as the waiter comes up to the table. Valentine rolled her eyes at who it was. Happy seemed to notice it but the waiter didn't.

"Hi, Val. How are you?" The boy had a shaky voice as he looked at the gorgeous young girl. He must of been the same age or a little older. His name tag read Michael.  

"I'm fine. Can you just get our order?" She said it as a statement and went on to ordering a cheese burger and fries with a coke. Happy ordered the same thing.

"Why don't you like the kid?" Happy said finally getting to talk to her then small talk.

"He always liked me. I think he wants to be a son and the reason why he wants me is to get in the club's good graces. But in reality it'll probably hurt the kid even more. You know, put more pressure on the kid." Happy nodded and thought about Val and the boy together. It made him angry to think about someone else with the girl. "I have an idea, let's play 20 questions to get to know each other. Because you just asked me a question I'll ask the first question. What's your whole name?" 

"Happy Carlos Lowman" Happy said it dully. "Why do you call Tig Bubba?" 

"When my real father, JT, died, Tig took me in and adopted me. His house always smelt like the gum Hubba Bubba so I always called him Bubba I guess." She smiled at the memory. "Where did you grow up?"

"Oakland." Happy again said dully. "You know why your father left you with Tig?" 

"No, I don't. If you grew up in Oakland why are you a son?" 

"Liked the brotherhood more. Plus I only lived there until I was 15, which is when I moved to Bakersfield with my mom and aunt." By this time their food and drinks are here and they ate their food in silence. 

"What's the real reason why you took me out, Hap? And don't tell me because you were hungry." Valentine said, her light brown eyebrows raised slightly. 

"I wanted to talk to you more." His voice was extra deep and raspy. Valentine smiled at him and for the first time he smiled back. When she smiled at him his heart fluttered and it was confusing as fuck. He was a 38 year old man that was falling for an 18 year old senior. 

"Why didn't you just say that?" She smiled when she talked. Her light baby blue eyes big and deer like. He smiled back once again. Happy paid the bill and grabbed Val's hand, pulling her out of the side of the booth she was in. He lets go of her hand and ushers her to walk in front of him. He let his eyes wonder over her body. He smirked at himself even more. He looked at the waiter, Michael, that served him and glared. Valentine opened the door to leave the diner and felt Happy slide up behind her leading her towards the bike. He handed her her helmet. As she put it on Happy got on his bike and started it up. 

"You want to go to the clubhouse or back to your house?" Happy called over the roar of the motorcycle. 

"Clubhouse." The answer was short. Valentine scooted all the way against Happy. Her boobs were so pushed up that they were spilling out of her shirt. She rested her head against his back and held onto him as tight as she could. 

Happy didn't mind. He liked having her on him. He liked having her wrapped around. He could picture her wrapped around him for the rest of his life. He wants that to happen. Needs it to be him that she chooses to be her old man. He never felt this way about another person. 

Pulling in to TM took way too quick for both of their liking's. Happy parked in his designated spot and let Val get off. 

"Thank you for taking me to school and picking me up. I know it's work of a Prospect." She was standing in front of Happy. Even still on his bike he was taller than her. 

"Anytime, doll." Happy smirked as she walked towards the clubhouse.