Chapter 16

Season 1 
Valentine's POV 

I had no idea where Gemma was taking me for dinner, nor did I care. My mind was all over the place and I couldn't think. Gemma told me that the doctor Tara said that Able was going to make it and that's great, but all I could think about what type of life he would live. Would he be like the other children? Would he have problems with his brain and heart? Questions like these just replayed in my head all the way to dinner. 

Gemma was pulling in a Italian restaurant that her and I go to all the time. It was like our thing and they had great food so I didn't mind. 

"C'mon, lets go eat." Gemma said getting out of the car. I followed behind her until they waiter sat us down at the table. Both Gemma and I looked tried and worn out. Gemma though still looks presentable and beautiful as always. 

"How are you and Happy?" Gemma asked. The waiter came up to use and got out drink and food  order. I thought about the question for a little. 

"I think we're good. It's hard because I never was in a relationship with a Son and the runs kill me. I know that Bubba would kill him if he ever cheated but what happens on a run stays on a run so I can't be that mad. I just don't like the idea of him being with someone else when I'm in Charming taking care of his house and dog." 

I wasn't 100% true with expressing my feelings to Gemma. I was terrified that Happy would find someone better and leave me for her. I was terrified to think of the future because I know at any given moment I might lose him. I was terrified that if I had his kids he wouldn't want me anymore because of how my body would change. I was so scared of the feeling of not being good enough for him. I was pissed off because I felt all this feelings and I knew if I brought any of these things up to him he would say that all my worries were irrelevant and that he wouldn't leave me. But I knew how Sons worked and I knew that if someone comes along that's better he could leave me. 

"Hun I've been through this with two husbands. There's always going to be someone younger and prettier but that doesn't mean they ain't ugly. Happy loves you because of your heart. You're the best thing that ever happened to your daddy, to your bubba, and to your old man. He's gonna marry you and your going to have his babies an he's going to love you no matter what." Gemma grabbed my hand while she said this. I believed her but my dad did cheat on her and got me out of it. The most loyal man can't be loyal all the time, right? 

"I don't know. What if I'm not a good wife? What if I'm not a good mother? What if he's a bad father? I don't even know if he wants kids Gemma!" I was rambling. It felt great to get everything off my chest and having the queen giving guidance was nice but this isn't the 80's. I promised myself that I wouldn't be the Old Lady that bowed down to her old man and didn't have a voice. 

"You're already a great old lady and because of me you'll be a great wife too. And don't give me that bullshit about not being a good mother and Hap not being a good father! You two would be great parents and everyone knows it. Like I said before, that man is in love with you and how much you two fuck I'm surprised that that you aren't pregnant. Now how's school?" 

Just like that the topic about Hap and I ended. The rest of dinner was just small talk and talk about Able. Gemma wants me to help do Able's nursery as one of my interior design projects. Of course I said yes. When dinner ended me and her got in the car and headed back to me and Hap's house. 

"Thanks for dinner and a ride home Gem. We really need to do a girls day." I said as she pulled into the driveway. Happy's bike was home and I felt guilty for not telling him were I was. 

"When we go shopping for the baby's room before we'll get our nails done. It'll be my treat." We said our goodbyes and I went inside. I was instantly attacked by the puppy Mayhem. 

"Hi baby! Did you mess mommy? Yes you did!" I noticed out of the corner of my eyes Happy was starring at me. I smiled at him and all he just turned his head back to the tv. "What's your problem?" I asked. 

"Just tried from club shit. Come here." Happy ushered me over to him where he was on the couch. I went up to him and straddle his lap and kissed him. My hair falling into his face a little tickling him. He was the one to break the kiss and placed his head to the croak of my neck and put his calloused hands on my hips, pulling me into him even more. 

"You want to talk about it?" I asked as he began to kiss my neck. He mumbled 'later' and went back to kissing my neck and chest area. I looked at Happy and saw blood. "Hap who's blood is this?" Happy signed before placing me on the couch getting up and headed to the laundry room. I followed after him. "Happy I swear to god if you don't tell me I'm going to flip!" I half yelled and whined at him. I took the shirt out of his hands and began scrubbing the blood away. 

"The gun warehouse blow up yesterday and we had to retaliate. Mexican blood, not any one from the clubs." Happy leaned against the wall shirtless and watched me as I tried my hardest to get the blood out of his shirt. 

"Do you want kids?" I suddenly asked. He didn't seem to be phased by the question. 

"Only if they are with you. Leave this shit for the morning. I want my ol' lady." As on cue Happy picked me up and carried me into the bedroom. The puppy tried to follow us but Happy closed the door before he could get in. 

"Valentine Teller I love you." 

"Happy Lowman I love you." 

XXX

Thanks for 8k reads. Never thought in a million years that my pathetic love story about a biker would reach 8k reads. Anyway this chapter was short and sweet (like me).  Sorry for not updating for two weeks but I've been busy or just really really lazy.  Also my birthday was today and it was really nice and sweet. Lastly if you're a walking dead fan go read my fic "Where There's Hope" its a DarylxOC and I really like the character.