CHAPTER 1

The night is only beginning as I knock back a bottle of beer and dance to the beat of the music blasting inside my room.

"Save some for me," my best friend, Vicky, protests, stumbling toward me with her hand outstretched. Handing her the half empty bottle, I watch as she tips it back and drinks it like it's nothing but water.

Tasha, my other best friend, jumps wildly on my bed, obviously too drunk to realize that it's a bad idea. After discarding the empty bottle on my bedroom floor, Vicky turns to face me. "Are we going out?"

As I shrug in reply, Tasha shouts, "Yes! Let's go out, please."

"How much money do we have?" Vicky asks.

I walk over to my phone speaker and turn the volume down. Then, I pull open my drawer where I keep all my savings, taking out a few notes until I can't find anything else.

I sigh as I count. "I don't have much."

She groans. "I don't have any money either, and Tasha definitely has none because her parents suck."

Tasha, who is now lying flat on my bed, ignores Vicky's jab and whines, "I feel sick."

I grin with amusement, but Vicky scowls. "I guess Layla and I will have to go out without you then."

Tasha gapes at her in outrage, hurt dimming her eyes. "You can't leave me here drunk and all alone," she complains.

"She's joking, Tash," I try to calm her, but Vicky shoots me a flat look. We both know she isn't joking. She never jokes.

"I know, I'll call my cousin. He will give me money." Tasha beams.

Unimpressed, Vicky looks at her with disgust, obviously not liking the idea. "Don't bring him here. He seriously creeps me out."

They continue bickering back and forth for a while, flinging insults at one another. Standing between them, I glance at them both, my boredom growing.

It's Saturday night and the beginning of summer. School is out, and as a tradition, my friends and I bless it by doing something fun.

When we were younger, before Vicky introduced us to alcohol, we used to have sleepovers and movie nights. Now, going out partying is the grown-up version of dulling out the stress of school this year. We always try and come up with new ways to make the night memorable, and this year, we want to go to a new club that's opened recently.

The Wolf Cave is where everybody wants to be right now, including my friends and I. There is a slight problem. That being, we're seventeen. Vicky thinks we'll get in with our real-looking fake ID's we got from her thug-ex last year, but I'm not so sure.

"Do you think our fake ID's will work?" I ask, and Vicky rolls her eyes in reply.

"Yes, they will. They're practically real. "She glances at Tasha slyly. "Besides, Tasha has boobs that are massive attention seekers. I think we will be fine. Free drinks from perverts."

Tasha covers her chest with her hands and venomously sneers, "You're a bitch, Vicky."

She laughs. "Your point being?"

With Tasha's breasts or not, I'm just happy we've finally come to a decision as to what to do tonight. Going out will be better than staying in listening to their fights.

With that, Tasha and Vicky begin rooting through my wardrobe in search for something to wear. Pulling out dresses, they fling them on my bed, creating a mess I'm already dreading cleaning later.

Making my way over to the heap, I pull out a black dress I see. Just as I'm thinking about how it will go nicely with my new black heeled boots, there's a knock on my door.