CHAPTER 3

I can't stop staring at the man in front of me, the intensity of his eyes burning through me. He's tall, obviously very built, and wearing a black suit with a white shirt and black tie. His formal attire makes him look like someone important, and the way that guy just took off, I bet he is.

Security, maybe?

I'm not sure. It'd make sense. I mean, he did just save me. Even though, as I look at him more, he doesn't fit the profile. No badge. No walkie-talkie. His black hair is styled nicely, falling over his eyes, but not enough to cover them. He has handsome features—a straight nose, a strong jaw, and full lips. Like someone you would see from a men's magazine.

Thank God the club is dark to hide how much I'm blushing like an idiot, looking at the way he stands with his hands in his pockets, staring right back at me. His eyes trail down my body, a small crease forming between his brows.

Attempting to get a grip, I dampen my lips with my tongue and finally think about what just happened. I was groped by some random asshole in a club and my friends have disappeared. Not only that, I don't know where Ray is, I don't have a phone, and I'm positive I'm drunk.

"Um..." I mumble, trying to break the silence. I drop my gaze from his, muttering, "Thanks."

"You should be more careful," he says gruffly.

I can't help but look at him again. He's still staring at me in a way that sets my blood on fire. The music blares and people dance around us. But right now, it's just me and him in the room. Or that's what it feels like to me. He's probably just doing his job and my intoxicated mind is making this more than it is.

"Yeah," I say, not sure if he can hear me. "Thanks again... I'll, um, go now."

I go to move but he steps in front of me, blocking me. My stomach flips. He's closer now. Close enough, I smell him. Cologne. Something else. Something sweet and masculine at the same time. Whatever it is, it smells amazing.

"Excuse me," I stutter, heat burning my cheeks. He surprises me by smiling then.

"You're breaking the law," he says bluntly.

"What?"

"I don't tolerate seventeen-year-old's in my club."

His club?

Not security then. The guy owns this place and apparently knows my real age. I'm not an idiot. I don't have my age stamped on my forehead, and anybody can say they are the owner of a club just like I can say I'm a famous chef. "I don't know what you're talking about—"

"Do you really want to lie to me?" he asks, stepping closer. I stumble back.

"Fine, I'll leave."

I turn around, but before I can move, he takes hold of my arm. I look over my shoulder, seeing his eyes blazing into mine, the warmth of his fingers making my skin tingly and hot.

"I didn't say you could leave," he says in that same tone that has my body shivering.

I stare at him, my mouth hanging open. It dawns on me that I suddenly want to... kiss him? Am I that drunk?

I pull my arm away from his grip. "I should go."

As I back away, I see a frown appear beneath his hair. He moves with me, the same time taking hold of my wrist. "You're not leaving."

"Excuse me?" I try to pull my hand away. "I am."

"Right then." He pulls me forward and lifts me, throwing me over his shoulder. I scream with shock when he walks through the crowd with ease, people moving out of his way as he strides across the dance floor. I try to get off his shoulder, wriggling to get free, but he throws me over more.