CHAPTER 23 *Unedited*

"What's going on?" I asked again once more, my impatience and anxiety doubling to the point of snapping.

My brother was supposedly in trouble and all Toby was doing was standing there with the blanket still wrapped around him staring at me.

"Toby?"

"Not now Layla," he mumbled and walked past me quickly, disappearing into one of the rooms in the caravan. My mouth dropped down in outrage. I couldn't believe he just told me not now when this was about my brother, my flesh and blood.

When Toby came back he was wearing clothes that I guessed belonged to Colton. He had grabbed my bag also, and another bag.

"Come on, we need to get on the road."

I shook my head in disbelief. "I am not going anywhere until you tell me what is going on!"

"Don't do this now. I have orders to follow," he argued, frowning at me. But I shook my head, determined to make him tell me. I wasn't leaving until he did.

"This is my brother Toby, you have no right to keep anything from me. I don't care if you have orders," I gritted my teeth.

I couldn't believe he was expecting to keep me in the dark. I was beginning to despise not knowing anything, especially when this concerned Ray.

"It's not my pla–"

"If you don't tell me right now I swear to god our friendship is over!"  I pointed at him, cutting him off. He blanched, his face falling slightly. I felt bad for my harsh words, but I didn't care. I didn't even know if we were friends, but it just seemed like a good thing to say.

Something was going on with Ray for a while and I took Toby's advice and gave him space, but now I needed answers and I needed them now.

Toby opened the patio doors. "I'll tell you in the car, just please, can we go? I want to be on the road."

He looked anxious and I realised he was probably just as worried about Ray as I was.

I couldn't really just stand here when I knew we needed to be on the road going to Ray.

Sighing in frustration, I stomped out of the caravan feeling, well, a mixture of things. Fear most of all.

I followed Toby over towards Colton's car and watched as he threw my bags in the backseat before getting into the drivers.

I slid into the passenger seat next to him and glared ahead as we started driving away, the caravan fading away in the distance leaving a gloomy feeling in my stomach.

"Tell me," I demanded again once we were on the motorway. I knew it was irritating Toby because he clicked his tongue.

Instead of saying anything he reached out and flipped on the radio, the annoying sounds of whiny music filled the silence of the car. I ground my teeth together now utterly outraged, I reached out and switched it off.

"Toby!"

"Okay fine!" He growled through clenched teeth, it made me sink back into my seat slightly, but his expression soon changed into wariness. "Your brother is a werewolf."

I burst out laughing, but shut up pretty damn quickly when Toby glared at me. My heart sank deep in my chest, No, that wasn't true. Ray couldn't be a werewolf. He was my brother, how can he be one?

"You're lying," I mumbled but Toby shook his head.

"I'm really not," he said and I slapped my hand over my mouth in horror.

"Oh my god," I said loudly, freaking out. My brother was a werewolf, how, since when? Toby remained silent as I processed this new information.

"How?" I muttered, my voice sounding strange and on edge.