CHAPTER 25 *Unedited*

"Where is he?" I ask Ray, looking around the club after he told me that Colton had just went all alpha and warned every male wolf in his club away from me.

My heart starts to sink when I couldn't see him anywhere.

"I don't know," Ray grumbled, still looking slightly pissed off. "He better stay out of my head or I'll kill him."

"Oh, stop it Ray," I rolled my eyes and laughed a little, maybe that was from being drunk. I wasn't sure. But I was strangely great and energetic.

In a way I wanted Colton to pop up out of nowhere, I wanted to see him.

"I mean it Layla," Ray added, looking even annoyed with me.

I sighed, he was right though. There was no real need for Colton to send out that warning just now like an overprotective ass.

I was enjoying myself and having fun with my brother, why would he send out a warning when I was perfectly fine?

My mind began working overtime, much to my dislike, wondering why he'd do that. Was he angry about me taking Salt? Did he even know that I had taken it?

I continued to fidget on the spot, looking around for him and wondering why he hadn't shown up yet. Usually he did just pop up like a daisy in the grass. When Colton made no show I glowered in anger. Was he that truly pissed off with me he wouldn't even come and talk to me?

I hadn't done anything wrong. Okay, so I may have given in and taken Salt against Colton's wishes, but I felt fine. I did.

"Ray?" A female voice interrupted my thoughts.

I turned to see that stunning girl from before that Ray had been eyeing up, the one with the glossy, black hair and stunning face and body.

She was looking at my brother with big blue eyes, like seeing him was a shock to her or something.

I glanced at Ray to see him unmoving, his face completely impassive, but I also noticed the slight fear in his eyes.

He feared her? I couldn't be sure, but there was definitely a tension between them that I didn't quite understand or want to at this present moment.

She stepped closer and smiled. She seemed in awe of my brother, like the type of look you see when someone's heart is melting. "It's so good to see you."

I glanced at Ray who looked away from her, his mouth in a grim line.

"Yeah." Is that all he was going to say? I frowned, now truly confused as I found her eyes coming my way and looking at me with confusion? Ray step closer beside me. "I'm here with my sister."

"I can see that," she smiled, not intimidated by his harsh tone, it seemed a little sad though. "I hope you have a good night."

With that she turned quickly around and left, leaving a trail of swooning males after her.

"Who was that?"

He shook his head, a flash of sadness ripping through his own eyes. But it left as quickly as it came and I was wondering if I'd imagined it.

"It doesn't matter. I'm going to go get some drinks."

I knew I wouldn't be able to get an explanation out of my brother, so I left it. Plus, I was too happy to acknowledge much and more alcohol sounded great, yummy in fact.

I swayed on the spot slightly and giggled as he walked over towards the bar, leaving me on the dance floor. I went to follow him when someone caught hold of my wrist and yanked me back.