CHAPTER 7

"Shit," he swears under his breath, the expression on his face enough to reveal that, whoever just arrived, isn't someone I was supposed to find out about. Pulling back his cuff, he looks at the watch on his wrist, anger flaring in his eyes. Meanwhile, all I can do is stand still, my body shivering from head to toe, listening to heels click against the floor in the distance. A noise that's getting closer each second that passes.

"Colton?" She calls again. "Are you home?"

I narrow my eyes at him. "Baby?"

He grimaces, which tells me enough. That he's left gaping pieces of information about his life out. God, I'm an idiot. Of course, he isn't single. Why the hell did I believe he was?

"I can explain," he says to me, and I scoff, even more outraged when he adds, "But I can't right now."

My stomach sinks with disappointment. The tapping sound of her heels are getting closer now. Reaching down, I grab my dress that fell on the floor. I don't know what I'm going to do exactly, but I know I don't want to see her or be part of this.

As I frantically look around for an escape, he grabs my heels from the floor and his phone from the bed. Then, his other arm goes around my waist and he pulls me across the room before I can protest.

Forcing me across the hallway, he pushes me toward another door. Once opened, he nudges me inside and closes the door quietly behind him. It's dark and I can't see, but once he switches a light on, a smaller version of his room comes into view. The guest bedroom, I assume. It's neat and tidy with cream bed covers and a fluffy throw.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Act natural," he says through clenched teeth, turning back to the door and calling out, "I'm in here!"

My mouth drops with shock and I hit his arm. "What are you doing? I don't want to see her. Hide me!"

He shakes his head, looking baffled. "This isn't the movies, I can't hide you."

I can't believe this is seriously happening right now. Is he about to let his girlfriend walk in with me standing here wearing his t-shirt? Is he insane?

His girlfriend, who he failed to tell me about, obviously has no idea that, before she walked through the door, I was making out with her boyfriend who was very much making out with me back. On his couch. Possibly their couch.

I blink.

What if she lives with him?

Before I can run or scream at him, a woman opens the door and walks inside. A woman that would turn any man's head. She's tall and slender, with blonde curly hair cascading over designer clothes. She looks glamorous and stunning, her face pretty and perfect. And here I am, an idiot in Colton's t-shirt, smudged makeup and wild hair.

My heart sinks as I glance at him. What a total bastard.

"Hey babe," she greets him, running over to him and wrapping her arms around his neck, completely ignoring me.

But it's in that moment something happens inside of me when she touches him. The sudden desire to rip her head off. It's a violent thought and comes out of nowhere, scaring me a little. My blood roars in my ears and my heart thumps with hate for a stranger I have no right to hate.

She leans into him, pushing her breasts into his chest and placing a dramatic kiss on his cheek. It makes me want to throw up all over the expensive fluffy rug.

Colton's facial expression doesn't change as she let's go of him, finally putting her attention on me. Her eyes slide down my body and something that looks like disgust flashes in her eyes as she scrutinizes my appearance. There it is. The bitch glare. I fight not to give her one back, trying to remember that this is Colton's fault and how bad this must look to her.