CHAPTER 31 *Unedited*

Colton

I brought the glass of whiskey to my mouth and took a gulp full of the amber coloured liquid. I looked around my office, the loneliness creeping in around me once again, just lurking in the shadows and filling me with nothing but hate. 

Scowling at how fucking irritated I was, I slammed the glass down on my desk, rubbing my aching head with my hand as I thought back to that night, never escaping my torturing thoughts.

"Mum, what's happening?" I asked in fear as my mother dragged me into a secret closet and turned me around to face her. Her eyes were wide as her once angelic face was twisted into agony.

"Stay in here and don't make a sound. No matter what you hear you, do nothing." She sniffed back tears and took me into her arms. I could sense her sadness as she hugged me, a trait that I had. "Mommy will always be with you Colton, I promise."

My mother bent over kissed my head quickly. I wanted to hug her. I wanted to tell her everything was going to be okay. But I couldn't because I knew that it wasn't going to be. 

"Don't leave," I begged, but she shook her head and smiled weakly at me.

"You need to live Colton, lock the door." With that she backed away from me. I watched as one single tear fell out of her left eye as she closed the door of the secret room I was in, leaving me alone in the darkness with a small peep hole in level with my eyes.

I reached out and locked the door with trembling fingers. Afterwards I was stuck, unable to move, even though I wanted to. I realised then she had given me a special command, one a wolf mother can only give to her cub.

She was sacrificing herself for me. All I could do was watch as her bedroom door slammed open and seven moonwalkers walked inside with disgusting smiles over their faces. Seven moonwalkers I would soon memorize and watch for hours as they tortured my mother, unknown that I was in here, witnessing everything.

I couldn't cry or yell for help. I was hopeless as the tallest one reached out and threw my weeping mother down onto the bed.

I opened my eyes, feeling nothing but pain inside of me at the memory still so raw in my mind.

I cleared my throat and breathed out the hurt that had formed in my lungs. The thumping music from my club rattled my office walls, bringing me back to my senses.

Thinking back only fuelled the anger to the point of no return, thinking what those monsters did to her had me almost shifting with anger.

I lifted my eyes towards my computer screen, looking at the list of names I had formed over time. I'd already memorized these names and I had their locations next to them. I had put each name to the faces of the moonwalkers that killed my mother and father.

Seven moonwalkers and two purebloods have my life this, a living hell, stuck in a nightmare I couldn't wake up from. Alone without anyone. I would make them pay for what they did to my family, especially the pureblood bastard that initiated their deaths out of greed for territory and power.

My phone buzzed on the table, distracting my thoughts, I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Colton baby, it's me." I cringed at her voice.

"Oh, hey," I said, trying to control my anger as I started printing off the names.

"My plane has been delayed, so I'll probably meet you at home later. My daddy says that you have a present for me?"

I frowned, what fucking present?

"I don't know what you're talking about, Jenny."

I reached over and grabbed hold of the piece of paper that had finished printing, looking down at the list until my eyes came to Jenny's name.