CHAPTER 22 *Unedited*

I was sat on the couch with my arms folded across my chest, my hair was still damp from the shower I just had and I smelled of my favourite perfume.

I was wearing my skinny jeans, a plain vest top and I'd kept my makeup minimal.

But here I sat with a smirk spreading over my lips, watching Colton slowly pace back and forth on the phone, his index finger running across the slight dark stubble on his beautifully sculptured chin.

He seemed really frustrated, it was because of work. His eyes were so dark and angry it amused me. So far, he hadn't done anything to convince me that walking away from him would be a mistake.

It made me feel better that I could actually walk away from him if I wanted, even though I doubted I could if I tried.

"You know the procedures, I've been over them enough times. If anything happens just simply remove the individual from the premises and I'll deal with the paperwork," he spat down the phone, which has been going off non-stop all morning.

I guess by his moody face and occasional glances my way he knew that his time was slowly flying by him.

However, in my moment of lucidity, I doubted myself. Did he even want me as much as I wanted him? It didn't take genius to work out which way my thoughts were going.

I meant did he want to complete our mating bond? He just said we should avoid it.

Was he even attracted to me? I sighed out-loud and pulled my mobile from my jeans pocket.

I had another missed call from my brother and a new text. I opened the text, not at all worried about it.

Where are you? Please call. It read.

There was no chance I was phoning Ray to tell him were I was. If he found out I was with Colton, I was afraid it would put me and my brother in more problems that I just couldn't face right now.

There was a lot we had yet to talk about, but I didn't want to delve into our problems this weekend.

A shadow fell over me, distracting my thoughts. I looked up to see Colton standing above me. He was no longer on the phone but it was still in his hand. He tilted his head slightly, his eyes analysing me.

Without helping it, I looked at his lips, wanting more than anything to kiss them.

My thoughts were broken when his phone started ringing once again.

Without saying anything lifted the hand and crushed the device in his hand so it crumbled and fell to the floor like sawdust.

My eyes widened and so did my mouth. Didn't he need his phone? Colton outstretched his hand and waited for me to take it.

Feeling my heart start to go wild, I reached out and let him pull me up from the couch.

"Go and put some shoes on."

I swallowed deeply and nodded, very aware of how hot he looked right now. I ran into the bedroom quickly and grabbed my converse that were lying on the ground by the bed.

I wondered what we were doing. I pushed my feet inside my shoes and fixed myself in the mirror.

When I made my way back, Colton was standing by the patio doors. He was now wearing vans and a pair of aviators.

I bit my lip as I walked over to him, I couldn't see his eyes anymore, but his mouth twitched up into a casual smile.

"Are you ready to be persuaded?"

"Give it your best shot."

He grinned boyishly and took my hand in his, interlocking his warm fingers in mine.