Chapter 3: Father's Rules

Astrid

I had kept staring at my computer screen for the past 20 minutes... It's a Friday and noon has just rose and what am I doing? Oh yeah, I know. I am stuck here doing homework and assessment, then I must go tutor the Mayor's youngest son. I really am not looking forward to this...

"Astrid, what do you want for lunch?" Dad said as he had put his chef hat on and I started to think.

"Just make me some pasta." I said as I continued my research.

"What do you say!" He warned me and I rolled my eyes.

"Please! Because you're the best chef in the world!"

"That's better." He said before he went into the kitchen and I had put my headphones on and I had put on some music. While I had kept working, I had thought of what I should do with the boy. Do I teach him things? Do I help him research? I don't know really...

"Astrid! Ruff is here!" Dad yelled extremely loudly to get my attention and I rolled my eyes annoyed.

"RUFF I'M IN THE LOUNGE!" I yelled and a couple of moments later I see Ruffnut entering the room and she smiled widely.

"Hey! How's your assignment going?" She said as she put her bag down beside me and she had put out her apple computer that was asleep and she had opened it.

"It's going good. But do you want to know something annoying?"

"What is that?" She asked me and I had looked over to the kitchen to see that dad was concentrating on his cooking, then I looked back to Ruffnut.

"Well, my father has made me go into tutoring. I am tutoring the Mayor's youngest son. I am starting this afternoon."

"That is awesome Astrid! You get to see what luxury is like!" Ruff said.

"But I didn't agree to it."

"Who cares, at least you will get a lot of money."

"I guess so. But I am nervous. I don't know if the boy will like me."

"Of course, he will! Just got to be nice to him and not stubborn." Ruff said laughing and I had rolled my eyes before dad had come in with lunch and Ruffnut smiled widely.

"What's on the menu?"

"Father's famous pasta." Dad said before he looked at me.

"Astrid, you start at 5pm this afternoon. They will give you dinner so you don't need to worry about dinner after you finish."

"Alright then." I said before I had grabbed my folk from the bowl and I had grabbed some of the pasta before I put in into my mouth and I had started chewing.

"Astrid, you know, the oldest Haddock might talk to you." Ruffnut said as she put her bowl down and I had quickly swallowed.

"What the hell Ruff! Who would want to talk to me? I am not attractive enough for any guy and as well as that, they wouldn't want a smart girl as their girlfriend or wife. You know how smart I am, He would probably want the attractive sluts."

"Some guys like the girl's personality. Who knows. He might like yours." Ruffnut said and I rolled my eyes.

"He is the bad boy of this whole fricken city. There is no way I am going to be with him!" I said and she smirked.

"Maybe you might fall in love with the bad boy-"

"Ruff! I only just want to be there for the tutoring! That's all I want!" I said and she sighed in defeat.

"And... My father told me that I am not allowed to be with boys until after I finish university which is in 4 months."

"True. But seriously, just try to not fall in the love with him."

"I won't, I always follow my father's rules." I mumbled and we had continued eating our lunch.

[Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I am sorry that they are so short, but later in the book they will get longer so not to worry x3

Foreverhttyd.]