Chapter 29: Helping A Dude Out.

It was at the end of Astrid's day and she was sitting down at the reception desk, just waiting for Hiccup to pick her up to take her out for dinner. Since this shift is now over for her, she can finally have three day's off to refresh and to relax. "Hey," Elsa greeted as she sat down beside Astrid in a chair.

"Hey Elsa, how long until you get to go home?"

"I leave at 1am, so that's not to fun," She said giggling before she took a bite out of her sandwich.

"I am waiting for Hiccup to pick me up so we can go out to dinner." Astrid said.

"Wow... Your very lucky."

"I guess so yeah... But I still wonder what is going to happen to Matt though." Astrid crossed her arms and sighed. "Is he getting a test on him?"

"Yes, today... But after Hiccup arrives I actually have to stay for a little bit to see the scans and stuff, so I hope Hiccup wouldn't mind," She said.

"I reckon he will be fine with it, he does understand that this is your dream."

"Yeah. Hiccup is still in university for another couple of weeks to, so he needs to study." Astrid rolled her eyes a little.

"I know, but give the boy a chance-"

"Hey M'lady," Hiccup greeted her at the desk all of a sudden. "Ah-Hey Hiccup!" She smiled widely before getting up.

"Uh... Hiccup, there's a patients results I have to look at and also letting them know before my three day's off... Is it okay if you can wait here? Or at least with the patient?" She rubbed her arm nervously which the young man had noticed. "M'lady, it's perfectly fine. I get that your saving someones life." He said.

"Thank you..." She said before grabbing the clipboard and had walked out of the reception desk to Hiccup. "No worries." He said before the two of them had headed towards the patients room.

"So, who is the patient were going to see?" Hiccup said before Astrid stopped at his room.

"Matthew," She said before opening the door revealing him just on his computer listening to music. "Oi!" She scoffed.

"Oi what?" He chuckled taking off his headphones. "This is my boyfriend Hiccup, the one I told you about. He is going to stay with you until I get your results back."

"Wait, this is the one who flirted with you right?"

"Yes, but he isn't that bad. He knows I am off the market, so he has backed off. Just please don't go at him okay?" She said before kissing his cheek. Hiccup had looked at Matthew with a huge frown across his face but sighed.

"I won't hurt him M'lady. I will just keep him company for the time being," He said before Astrid had smiled and walked out of the room leaving the two boys alone.

"Ya know, I thought you would be more uglier then what you look like. You are charming," Matthew said. "Are you bi or something?"

"No, I just see if the guy would be attractive enough for the girl. That's what my dad does." He sighed quietly.

"Well, thank you for the compliment."

"No problem... I guess... But, I know your probably angry at me for flirting with your girlfriend and I understand that. I was like that with my girlfriend I had before I got cancer. She dumped me cause she thought I was a week cow." Matt said.

"That sucks..." Hiccup said.

"Yeah, but I didn't like her that much when she broke up with me anyway. She was a s-ut anyway. She had sex with boys a lot when we were together." He said.

"Who was it?" Hiccup asked curiously.

"It was Merida-"

"Oh that b!tch, I knew her for quite sometime. She kept asking for sex but I just backed off. I'm just over girls besides Astrid."

"Yeah... But I hate my cancer you know... I really don't have anyone to talk to. My dad doesn't even know I have it cause he works over seas, my mums always working so she can't visit... I don't know what to do anymore." Matt said sighing.

Matt had eventually stopped talking and looked over to Hiccup who was starting to think of something. He knew that making this boy happy would make him stronger, because from what he is saying, it sounds like he has depression... [Matthew has been depressed but he doesn't show it much in the book so far.]

"Alright I'm back," Astrid said holding a huge folder in her hands, showing Matthews cancer history. "So Matt, from what I have seen, your cancer.... Isn't going to so well, your lungs have started to decline... I think you need to have oxygen from now on..." Astrid said staying as serious as possible.

"Shit..." Hiccup mumbled under his breath.

"Great..." Matt said.

"I'm sorry Matt... But I will be here for you every step of the way." Astrid had gave him a small hug before Hiccup had gotten up from the bed and had walked in front of Matt.

"I'm sorry man..." Hiccup said patting his shoulder before he walked out of the room, leaving the two of them to talk.

"It's alright... I know that it's probably going to be my time soon, I'm just gonna make the best of it."

'Oh, You will...' Hiccup thought.

[Hello! Here's another chapter for you! I hope your excited for the next chapter, because it's going to be a great one. I know in these past few chapters Hiccstrid hasn't come into it, but you'll see it soon enough ;) see ya Monday!
FH]

[Edited 25.9.17]