Chapter 27: Happy Birthday...

[Dedicating this to my awesome readers! TBH, this is a random chapter 😂 but I'll make up for it soon and also continue the storyline a bit from there.]
It was later in the day and Hiccup was still sitting in his office working, but at the same time he was bothered by that guy. But seriously, why would he be jealous of a 17-year-old boy who has cancer? Is it because he is more attractive then him? Or is it because of how he can flirt better?

"Hiccup!" Astrid yelled before she greeted the security man at the door before heading towards his office.

"Hiccup?" She whispered as she had opened the door and revealing him working on his computer. "Hey M'lady," He greeted bluntly.

"Hiccup, are you okay?" Astrid asked as she walked over to him.

"Yeah," He lied, but Astrid didn't even buy it.

"I know your jealous, Haddock," She giggled quietly. "Of course, I am jealous Astrid! I mean, come on! He is probably better at flirting then me! He probably is more handsome than me!" He blabbered on, still leaving Astrid shocked from what he was saying.

"Hiccup, you don't need to be." She grabbed his hands before she started to rub them with her thumbs.

"You know, he isn't actually a nice person if you think about it. He has an attitude and from what guys did to me in high school... I would never fall for a guy like him anyway." [Oh really?]

"But I was like that when I was in high school- "

"But you aren't now," She kissed his cheek before sitting on his lap.

"You always know how to cheer me up," He chuckled before giving her a sweet kiss on the lips, with Astrid kissing back, the two of them had started a tongue fight.

After they pulled away, Astrid had smiled before she had taken off her jacket and had put her bag down. "But besides the jealousy that's glooming, how was work?"

"It was alright, I was very busy with a lot of cancer patients. One sadly died on me after I did the check up," She sighed.

"Seriously? Did you get blamed?" Astrid shook her head.

"No Hiccup, I wasn't blamed, but no one told me how far he was in. Not even the family members, but they said that I helped at least so it made me feel a little better," She said.

"Well... I'm still sorry for your loss, M'lady." He kissed her hand before she had grabbed a seat and had sat down beside him.

"Now, let's make this website improved," Hiccup said.

A FEW DAYS LATER

It was early in the morning and Astrid was at the hospital talking with the doctor about her father. Over these past few days, she has been worried about her father because he wasn't going to well lately.

"You have to be kidding?" She said crossing her arms while a couple of tears were rolling down her cheeks.

"No Miss Hofferson... Your father has gone down hill because of your mothers birthday.... It's today from what he had told me," He explained before he wrote a note down onto his notepad.

"I completely forgot about that..." She mumbled before she had looked at her phone with a picture of her mother, father and her when she was sixteen. The three of them had decided to take a selfie on their vacation to hawaii, but now to see how long  it was ago, it wasn't the same without that beautiful face around.

"Happy birthday mum..." Astrid whispered before hearing yelling from inside the room.

"WHERES MY WIFE?!" He screamed out as he was throwing himself around on the bed.

"D-Did you pin him down with-"

"With those cords, yes I did..." He said which had made Astrid sigh.

"I'm sorry.... But it's easier to help him that way," he reminded her. Astrid nods as she had walked into the room, seeing her father still rampaging on. "I WANT MY WIFE!" He roared.

"Dad!" Astrid yelled before she grabbed onto him.

"Astrid..." He replied before he had put his head into Astrids chest while making it wet with his tears that were rolling down his cheeks.

"Dad.... It's alright..." She whispered before putting her arms around him and had started to stroke his head, making him relax a little.

"Listen dad, mum would be happy to see us celebrating her birthday here." She said. "So why don't we do a little cake thing for her," She whispered before kissing his forehead.

"That would be nice...." He mumbled into her shirt and she smiled sadly. At least she's cheered him up for the time being.

[I'm sorry for the random and boring chapter, I'll be having another chapter with this as well to keep it in storyline but though, I'm thinking of having this book come to a close in the next 5-10 chapters maybe 15 I don't know yet.

FH]