Chapter 22: I love you!

"May I have this dance?" Hiccup asked as he bowed while putting his hand out. Astrid giggled and nodded as she had put her arms around his neck and Hiccup had put his arms around her waist and the two of them had started to slow dance.

The two of them going slowly with their sways. This has made the two of them start to have a start to feel soft and sweet. Like a good romantic feeling. From Astrid throwing the friends card at Hiccup three months ago, to having to fall for him, it felt great, it was a beautiful feeling.

Hiccup had noticed that Astrid had started to put her head onto his chest as the two of them had kept dancing which had caused Hiccup's smile to widen. "Looks like your enjoying this," Hiccup whispered as the music kept playing.

"Yeah, it's nice." Astrid whispered before she closed her eyes and had kept swaying with him to the music.

"You know I really like this position," Hiccup grinned a little which had caused a small giggle from Astrid. "It's only happening once Haddock," She said. [Oh really?]

"Aww," he pouted.

"But Hiccup, I know that we haven't had much time together over this past month, but I want to say thank you for this fantastic opportunity for me. You really helped me through everything that has happened with my father. You really are sweet." She smiled.

"Well, thank you for saying that to me M'lady, you're so sweet." Hiccup said as he put his chin on her head softly as they had continued to move to the beat, but without them noticing, the waiter had walked into the room while holding the plates of food on each hand of his. "Oh Jesus! I'm so sorry to intrude," He said.

"No, you didn't, it's all fine," Hiccup smiled as Astrid got out of his arms and had walked over towards the table.

"Dinner is served then, sir."

While Astrid had sat down on the table, Hiccup had quickly walked over to the waiter and had started to speak with him about the desert part of the meal. "With the last part, I am going to make sure the two of us share the same bowl. Can you handle that?" He said.

"Yes, I can do that." He whispered before walking over to the table and had put the food down, before he says his usual 'Enjoy your meal' and walked away leaving the two of them alone to eat. "This looks so good!" Astrid said before grabbing a folk and Hiccup smiled.

"It does," Hiccup said as he grabbed his folk. But as Astrid had put the fork into her mouth, her eyes had widened to have the burst of taste of the carinaria in her mouth. It was perfect...

"You right?" Hiccup chuckled.

"Yeah, I am all good Hiccup, it tastes so amazing!" She smiled before she had continued to eat more of her meal and he had smiled widely. 'At least she likes the food' He thought before he started to eat his own meal that he had ordered. After a few minutes, the two of them had a lovely conversation and had finished their meals, they had looked over to the desert side of the menu and Astrid was thinking about what she should get.

"What about the nice ice-cream?" Astrid suggested and Hiccup nods.

"Yeah, I do like that one," He replied before closing his menu again. "Waiter!" Hiccup yelled suddenly and the same waiter had quickly walked into the room holding his pad in his hands.

"What would you like?"

"Can I have one big bowl of the famous ice cream please." Hiccup smiled and the waiter had written down their order.

"It will be coming in about five to ten minutes," He said walking out, leaving the two of them alone in the room again.

"Thank you..." She mumbled before she looked at Hiccup. "But Hiccup... This isn't just graduation you know? Why are we really here?" Astrid asked.

"Uh....." He scratched the back of his neck. "Well.... It's just that...."

"Hiccup, it's just what?"

"It's just that-"

"Desert is served!" The waiter interrupted as he walked into the room and Astrid had smiled at the waiter before he had put the big bowl of ice cream down.

"Thank you," Hiccup said before the door closed leaving the two of them.

"Hiccup.... Can you please tell me?" She whispered while grabbing her spoon. But for Hiccup, he feels as if he confesses, this bond they have... It's all over...

"Fine..." He sighed. "But if this marks as the end of our friendship.... Then it was great for what we have..." He said before he had started to sweat.

"I....... I love you...." He mumbled, but loud enough for Astrid to hear and her eyes had widened.

"H-Hiccup...." She dropped her spoon onto the table, leaving the two of them silent all except the bang of the spoon.

"Yes, okay!" He confessed. "I love you! You have no idea how much I do!" He sighed. "Your so beautiful, talented, confident! Your so much better than any other girl I've dated." He said.

"I know we're not dating, but your the light of my life Astrid... I was just alone and just a player who only wanted to make out with girls for a reputation... But you changed me..." He looked up to her to still see her eyes widened and tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

"H-Hiccup.... You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say that." Astrid sniffed as she wiped a tear that rolled down her cheek.

"Really?"

"Really." She smiled before she grabbed his hand. "And the stuff you've just said, proves that a guy can like me not just because of my looks."

"Your a beautiful smart girl, and ya know you've impressed me." He chuckled.

"Well... I would love to be with you..." She confessed before he grabbed her hand and had squeezed it.

"Well... M'Lady?" He stood up and had walked over to her side of the table and had bent down on one knee.

"Would you do the honour of making me the happiest man on earth and become my girlfriend?" 

[Hello! I hope this chapter was very good for you all. There was a lot of Hiccstrid tension I know! xD Stay tuned for another chapter my friends!

FH].