One

If you have picked up this diary and about to read it, put it down. Put it down right now. For this diary contains the horrifying story of Jessica Brown.

Who is Jessica Brown you ask? She is me. I'm Jessica.

As I said earlier, stop reading this diary...what? You want to keep going? Fine...don't say I didn't warn you.

*  *  *

Dear diary
The date was November 10th, 2016.
I was sitting in my bed, listening to Taylor swift and reading Percy Jackson. Moments later my mom hollered my name. "Jess, come down stairs for dinner!" She called.

I tapped the pause button on my iPhone, closed my book, and treaded down the stairs. I sat down alongside my dad, he scooted a plate of pasta over to my reach. I just began to sink my teeth into the Marinero sauce cover noodles , but by dad tapped my shoulder.

"Hey, hon." He began. "me and your mom have some big news"

I looked at him curiously. "What is it dad?" I asked.

Mother stopped eating, me and your dad are going to the Caribbean, for our anniversary."

I dropped my fork with shock." W-what?" I stuttered. "W-who will watch me?"

My dad smiled. "Well, we don't leave for  a week dear," He said.

"So you don't have to worry about who's watching you yet," My mom added in.

I heaved a sigh of relief, and stuck my fork into my food. "Whew, ok."

My mom and dad smiled at me. "Well, that's nice to hear," She chuckled.

Just then the clock on the wall dinged and donned. "8:30 honey, finish up your food and get ready for bed," My mom said.

Mom went to do the dishes, and once she was done she led me upstairs. After I brushed my teeth, washed my hands, and took a bath, I hopped in my bed and my mom pulled the covers up to my neck. "Good night dear," she kissed my cheek.

"I love you mom," I yawned.
She flipped the light switch, and blew me a kiss. "Good night," she whispered.

And with that she left me in my dark room, I curled up in my blankets and yawned heavily. I love them, I thought. I love them so much.

A/N:

Hey there!
I published this short preview so I would leave you guys waiting.
Please vote and comment if you enjoyed! Thanks!

Cam Jenkins