Five

I kept running, my heart pounded and my adrenaline was rushing through my veins. My eyes were still wide with horror from what had happened at the old man's house.

I never should have gone in there! his words rang in my head, I tried to block them, but I was to shaken up. The images of the old man transforming into a terrifying creature kept flashing in my vision; the sickening sight of the claws piercing through his flesh flashed in my mind.

After a while, I finally made it to my house. My mom wasn't on the porch, but the car was still in the driveway. Which meant both of my parents were home from work. I sprinted up the walkway and ran up the porch stairs. I burst trough the door and slammed it behind me. I fell to the floor, landing with a loud thump, panting heavily. I began to weep; I have never been so scared in my entire life. Then my parents heard my weep of fear.

"Jessica!" my mom gasped.

"Jessica, baby, are you ok?" my father added in.

I was so shaken up I could barely speak. "Th-th-the old man...h-h-he...transform...int-to a mons-ster...and...t-tried to kill m-me," I spluttered.

My mom caressed my hair, and then both my mother and father gave me a hug. "Shhh, its ok dear," my mom said in a comforting tone. "It'll be ok."

Then my father released removed his body from mine, and starred into my eyes. "Are you sure it was a monster?" he asked. "It could have been a distorted man who just looked like a monster."

I shook my head. "It was definitely a monster mom!" I insisted. "He was an old man then he shouted 'I never should have gone in there'...a-and he...he tried to kill me!"

I buried my face into my hands and began to cry. My mother wrapped her warm arms around my trembling body and stroked my back. "Shh..it's ok sweetie," she assured me, then my father sat up from the floor and looked at me. "I will go call the police," he said. "And if I see the man who tried to hurt you, I'll stove his damn head in."

And with that, we reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone and dialed 911. "Yes...yes...my daughter said she on old man turned into a monster...yes, a monster. And tried to kill her...please get here as soon as possible..."