Fourteen

I sat alone in my room, waiting for the police to arrive. My hands were trembling and my heart pounded so hard I felt like my chest would burst like that guy who had a creepy maggot thing in his stomach in Alien.

Just then I heard someone knock on the front door; I knew instantly that it was the cops. I ran out of my room and trotted over to the top of the stairs, and saw that Mr. Elsie was peeking through the peek hole of the door. He then turned around to Mrs. Elsie, her hands crossed. (as usual)

"It's the cops." Mr. Elise said.

Mrs. Elise gasped, and placed her right hand on her breast. "Who the hell would call them?"

Without a word, Mr. Elsie slowly turned his head to me, and gave me an icy glare that sent chills down my spine. "You little-"

"Elsie family, the police are here. Open the door now." said the cop that answered my call.

Mr. Elsie leaned over to Mrs. Elsie and told her to get Carlen and pretend that she was me, and he was going to lock me up. "Just a sec sir! Let me go get...uh, my coat out of my room since it's chilly!"

"Ugh, hurry up." the police man said.

Mr. Elsie as quick as a flash ran up the stairs towards me. I instantly ran away but Mr. Elsie was to fast. He grabbed me by my neck and pinned me against the wall. "You little twit. You are in a heap of trouble."

"Hel-" I tried to yell for help, but Mr. Elsie squeezed my mouth shut, my cheeks throbbing in pain from his iron grip.

He dragged me into the room he locked me in before, and threw me against the wall, my back slamming against the window sill, pain now throbbing in my vertebra. "I'm gonna beat the shit outta you once I get back." he snarled.

I wanted to yell, but I was in so much pain I could barley speak. Mr. Elsie cast a glanced at a scarf of mine that was hanging on the closet door knob. He snatched it off the brass knob and came back at me. "You are a stupid girl, Jessica." he growled while tying the scarf around my mouth.

Mr. Elsie tied it in a knot so hard and tight I could barley breath. He then opened the closet and threw me inside. "You are going to hurt bad once I'm through with you." he said one last time, then he slammed the door.

"Hlmp! Hlmp!" I tried so hard to scream for help, but my cries of fear were muffled my the scarf.

I kicked the door over and over, trying in anyway possible to get the attention of the police, but they couldn't hear me.

Mr. Elsie ran back down stairs and opened the door, the police man had a myriad of other police behind him. "May I come in?" the police asked.

"Sure, come on." Mr. Elsie made way for the cop to enter.

The cop I called gestured at his other officers to stay put while he talked to Mr. Elsie. Then the cop came inside and shut the door behind him. "Now, I got a call from your, step daughter that you were abusing her."

"Oh no, that was my crazy little girl here just playing another one of her pranks on me." Mr. Elsie said, gesturing his hand toward Carlen, who was in the living room watching TV.

"How do I know that she is not locked up somewhere?" the cop asked, narrowing his eyes at Mr. Elise.

"What? Carlen over there is my only daughter. She is very well behaved, well, at least when she doesn't play her sneaky tricks on me." Mr. Elsie said in a lying tone.

The cop scanned the perimeter, and looked back at Mr. Elsie. "So this was a prank huh?" he questioned.

Mr. Elsie nodded. "Yes sir."

"Well then," the cop said, adjusting his hat. "I will send several patrols around this area to keep an eye on this place. If they find out you really do abuse your child, you will be taken to jail." he warned, teasing the gun on his belt to make himself look threatening.

"I assure you, I do not in anyway abuse my daughter." Mr. Elsie lied.

The police glared at Mr. Elsie, that at his wife. "Okay then...good day." said the cop while exiting the house.

"You have a good day too officer." Mr. Elsie said, waving bye as if he was in a good mood.

Mr. Elsie waited to shut the door until the police men were out of sight. In a few seconds, they were.

Mr. Elsie put his evil look back on his face. "Now, time to teach that stupid Jessica a lesson." he said.

He ran up the stairs and kicked down the door, and opened the closet I was locked in. He picked me up by my arm and threw me against the dresser. My head hit the corner of the dresser, blood started to ooze from a wound next to my upper ear. I moaned in pain and turned my weak head towards Mr. Elsie. He then unbuckled his belt and slowly walked towards m, I backed away, my eyes wide with fear. Then my back bumped against the wall, and I knew I was trapped. I braced myself for pain as Mr. Elsie raised his belt in the air. He struck me over and over with his leather belt, each time hitting me either on the face or back. "Ahh! Ahh! Ahh!" I wailed in agony.

"You should think again before calling the damn cops on me, you stupid girl!" Mr. Elsie yelled.

He hit me with the belt and kicked me simultaneously, each kick and whip I screamed in pain. During a small break while Mr. Elsie was breathing heavily, staring at me with complete rage, I took my chance. I scrambled to my feet and bolted out the door. Mr. Elsie screamed a curse at me, telling me to come back, but I didn't listen. I ran down the stairs so fast a nearly tripped. My back ached hurt so bad from all the brutal whips and kicks it felt like it could snap at any moment. I pushed through Mrs. Elsie and Carlen and ran out the door. I was blubbering and sobbing as I took a turn to the backyard. Mr. Elsie crashed through the back door and leaped of the deck. "Get back here!" he yelled, waving his belt furiously in the air.

Hearing him behind me caused more adrenaline to rush through my body. I ran even faster. I jumped over the fence, but then I fell over because one of my pant legs got stuck on a fence post. Mr. Elsie was yelling and cussing as he ran towards me. He made a huge stride towards me, and leapt over the fence and landed next to me. He yelled with rage and scrambled towards me. He crawled on top of me and raised his belt. "You're gonna feel some pain you little bitch!" he yelled.

My mind raced, I looked around for something I could use to fight back, but I all I could use was a blade of grass, or a tiny twig. Just before Mr. Elsie hit me with his belt, I planted a hard kick right on his face. He screamed in pain and fell backwards. "Gah! Gaah!" Mr. Elsie wailed, clutching his bleeding nose with his hands.

I got to my feet in a flash and ran off into the woods, my heart pounding. I thought I could run away, and find a new home, but I had no idea on how wrong I was...