Sixteen

When I awoke, it was completely dark and raining on my shivering body, showing no mercy. I moaned in pain, rubbing by head, and forced myself to lift my trembling body of the freezing, wet ground. I felt the rain drops tickling my thighs, confused, I glanced over to see that my pants were missing, I was only wearing my shirt and salmon pink undies. I balled myself up to keep warm, but then my heart skipped a beat when I heard twigs snap and leaves rustle. "...wh-who's th-there...?" I stammered from the cold.

"Jessica?" called a familiar female's voice.

"Casey!" I called.

"Jessica!"

Seconds later Casey burst from a bramble thicket, she had wet leafs in her hair and it was plastered on her face and head. She was panting heavily and her clothes were soaked. She rushed over and gave me a hug. "Oh my god Jessica I was so worried!" she sobbed, gripping me tightly and caressing my messy hair.

I gently rubbed my hands on Casey's back, my yearning for her has finally ended. But my question on how she found me still remained a mystery, so I asked, "Casey, how did you find me?"

Casey let me go, and looked at my legs. "Here, take my coat, you look freezing."

She unzipped her coat and wrapped it around my body. She deathly cold was lessened when Casey's fleece coat was enclosed around my shivering body.

"You asked me how I found you," Casey began. "Well, this evening I heard your screams come from the woods, I remembered you telling me what this place looked like, so I came to find you. Oh, which reminds me, I called the cops and Mr. Elsie is in jail."

I sighed with relief when I heard that cruel wretch was in jail. "For how long?" I asked.

"A week." Casey answered, rubbing her hands together and placing them on my thighs.

"Good, I really hope he goes to prison for the rest of his life." I was surprised by the words that came out of my mouth, but I just let it enter the pass and carry on with the future.

"Yeah, me too. Then we could live together." said Casey.

I really liked that idea, so I nodded in agreement. "That would be incredible."

Before speaking again, Casey arose and cracked a tweak from her back. "C'mon, let's get you home."

Casey offered me her hand; I accepted it and she helped me get to my feet. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder, trying to keep me warm. I thought it was so sweet, because she was shivering and I was not. So I made space for her in the coat I was using, and she gladly accepted. Thanking me, she gave me another hug, then together, we walked in the dark and wet woods, like lost explorers seeking food and lodging at Casey's inn.

* * *

We finally arrived at Casey's home, I smiled when I saw a house I felt comfortable in. It was a low, one story building with pine green plastic siding. Each of the windows were in between black a those door like things you can close when there is a storm. The front yard a demarcated by a low white fence with wilting ay lilies along side them. A part of the gray, shingle covered roof hung over the front door, like a built in porch. Casey led me to the gate, and she nudged it ajar. Casey kicked it shut behind her, small drops of water leaped off as the white gate made impact on the lock. Casey and I then walked to the front door, and Casey knocked on it furiously. Through the yellow textured glass door window, I to two figures come to the door and unlock it. Casey reached for the knob and twisted it in one direction, and opened the door. Her house smelled of lavender and oranges, scented candles were lit and laid out on many small tables. "Oh, Jessica!" Gasped Casey's mother, A tall beautiful woman with blonde hair, her bright blue eyes sparkling in the moonlight, named Tess.

"Come inside at once! you must be freezing to death!" added in Casey's dad, he was tall and had black hair and a military style haircut. He was big and muscular, and had a long scar on his neck. His name was Sully, but he usually went my the nickname Sull.

Casey let me take the coat and wrap it around my thighs to shield her parent's eye from seeing them. A big fire was lit in the fireplace in the middle of the living room. Beautiful yellow and red flames danced on a stack of oak logs. "Come, sit." said Tess, gesturing me towards a chair by the fire.

I walked over and took a seat; the chair was blue and it had yellow polka dots scattered all over the blue cotton. Then Sully came over with a green mug of hot chocolate, he even put extra marshmallows in it, that's how I love my hot cocoa, and I wondered how he knew that. He then took a seat next to me on the other chair, and folded up his hands. "Now, tell me everything that happened."