Twenty-four

"How did you escape?" I demanded.

"I hypnotized the police, like I did to Sully," he hissed.

I tried to run away from Mr. Elsie. But he grabbed my hand in a blink of an eye. "You aren't going anywhere, scum," he snarled.

"Let go of me!" I screamed, trying my hardest to break away.

Mr. Elsie let me go, then Sully grabbed me. Then Mr. Elsie and his family smiled at me with their demonic eyes wide. Mrs. Elsie now had black fangs and icky gray puss was oozing from her lips. "You are one of us now," she hissed, stepping towards me.

"I'm not one of you! Let me go! Please!" Tears of fear were now flowing down my pale cheeks.

Mr. Elsie stepped up to me, and knelt down so he was in my eye level. "The bite," he began. "Is it doing better?"

He then reached his hand for my leg. I was shaking, I didn't let him touch my leg, but he grabbed my leg and wouldn't let it go. He lifted up my pants a little, and smiled a freakishly wide smile like the joker when he saw it. "Ah, it's almost complete," he hissed.

"What do you mean?" I asked, petrified.

"That monster that bit your leg, I am that monster. We are The Great Eaters," Mr. Elsie snarled.

I looked at him, terrified and perplexed.

Mr. Elsie rolled his eyes, then smacked me in the face. "We are the gods of death!" He yelled. "We came from that tunnel where I bit your leg. A native tribe used to live here, and they sacrificed us human lives so we could let them live forever. But the tribe left, leaving us hungry. So we took form of  humans, luring people to the tunnel, and eating them."

My eyes were wide with fear. I tried to jerk away, and screamed; "you're sick! Now let me go!"

Mr. Elsie stoked his pale chin. "Occasionally, our meals victims would escape. An old man got away, and you. But if you get bitten, you turn into one of us."

I tried to break away again, but Dully held me tight. Then I knew it. I was going to die here. I was going to be eaten alive by demonic gods of death.
But then my adrenaline kicked in. I but Sully on the hand until he bled and broke free. I ran upstairs, and dove into the room I stayed in, and slammed the door. I locked it just in time, because Mr. Elsie and his demon wife began pounding on the door. "Open up!" He screamed.

"We are hungry Jessica!" Snarled Mrs. Elsie. "Let us in, and we will break your little neck so we can ease your passing!"

The windows were barred. I picked up a chair and slammed it against the bars. Nothing happened, the bars were made of solid metal. Then I yanked on the bars, I yanked them so hard I felt my arms would be ripped from my sockets. Mr. Elsie pounding on the door made my experience much more terrifying. "Come on little girl, let us in!" He screeched.

But then I found a broken bed board sticking out from underneath the bed. It had a pretty sharp end, so I though is use it for a weapon. I walked over to the edge of the door, and was ready to open the door. I quietly unlocked it, then I opened he door. Mrs. Elsie charged in, but the ran right into the board. It impaled her chest, it went through her organs and stuck out from her back. Blood pooled on the floor, then Mrs. Elsie fell to the ground. "That was a mistake," hissed Mr. Elsie.

I pulled the board from Mrs. Elsie's body, but then she got up, the wound was still oozing out blood. I hit them both with the board then took my chance. I ran out of the room. I ran downstairs and towards the door. I was so close to freedom, but then Carlen jumped in front of my path. "You aren't leaving!" She hissed.

I turned and ran to the kitchen, and snatched a knife from the counter. I turned around towards Carlen, and stabbed the knife up her mouth. The blade stuck from her head, she gurgled on more grey puss then fell to the ground, screeching in pain.

I ran outside, and slammed the door behind me. But then I saw Casey riding up here on her bike. "Jessica! What's wrong?" She called.

"Run Casey! Run!" I screamed.

Right when I said that, Mr. Elsie, Mrs. Elsie and Carlen burst from the door shrieking, and charging us. Casey screamed. I took her hand and we both ran into the woods. I heard the demonic gods charging and screeching behind us. Casey and I saw a hollow, we dove into there and hid under a small cliff ledge. Casey was terrified. She slowly reached for her phone, but I signaled her not to. When we heard Mr. Elsie, Mrs. Elsie and Carlen approaching us, we held our hands over our mouths. "You can't fight it Jessica!" Screamed Mr. Elsie. "Our evil is taking root inside you!"

He was right. I felt cold, like a dead body under the snow. My hands were pale and my teeth were slowly turning black. Casey looked at me, then the wound on my leg. Her eyes were filled with fear, then it turned to pure terror when Mrs. Elsie's scrawny hand clawed the edge of the small cliff edge we were hiding under.

Mrs. Elsie snarled, then she jumped down in front of us and screeched. Casey kicked her nose, then we both got up and ran. But when we only ran about ten feet, Mrs. Elsie grabbed Casey by the neck and held her high. "Nice and plump!" She growled. "This will hold us over until we get you Jessica!"

"No!" I screamed.

But then it was too late. Mrs. Elsie stabbed her clawed hands into Casey's gut. Her eyes bulged, blood spurted from her mouth, then she was dead.

I screamed her name, but then I knew I had to let her go and run. I hid behind a big fur tree, and tears rolled down my cheeks as I heard Casey's body being ripped to pieces and eaten.