Fifteen

Twigs snapped and leafs rustled as the weight of my legs crushed them when I ran by. Branches of cedar, pine, and other various kinds of trees slapped into my face, leaving scratch marks the length of a pencil. Fear was rushing through me as I heard Mr. Elsie screaming in rage behind me. I was tempted to look back, but my adrenaline kept me focused on running.
I heard a screech owl shriek from somewhere in the dark woods, it sent chills up my spine, and made me look behind me, which was my big mistake...

I tripped over a lone rock, which was sitting still at the edge of a small cliff. I screamed as my foot stubbed my toe, making stumble and start to fall face-first down the 30 foot cliff. It wasn't straight down, but it was super steep, at about a 99 degree angle. I did summer salts and rolls down the unbelievably steep hill, I yelped several times and yelled in pain when my head hit a rock. I felt a warm substance ooze down my head and on my cheek; I knew it was blood which made my head hurt even more, from Mr. Elsie's abusing, and the tire sized rock hitting my head.
Cries of pain escaped my lips when I slammed into a tree at the bottom of the cliff/hill. I groaned and slowly raised my aching body of the ground, moving my head around in all directions, trying to find out where I was. I knew only two things: one, I was away from Mr. Elsie, and two, I was completely lost.

I got to my feet and peered up the huge cliff that I just tumbled down. I couldn't climb back up, which got me upset because I should have taken the shortcut into town and get the police. But that was in the past now. I needed to find a place to stay for the night, because it was going to get dark. Soon enough, it began to rain. I cursed under my breath and placed my hand over my eyes to shield the freezing rain drops from going into my eyes. My teeth chattered and my body shivered from the cold. Before it began to rain, it was cold enough. But now it felt like I was inside a freezer while it was raining inside of it. Hope sparked in me when I saw a structure of some sort in the distance. I instantly sprinted over there, to find an old tomb like building. I was hesitant to enter, because there was some urban language in the doorway, and it had symbolic images of people getting attacked by a monster with six horns: two on its head, two more above its empty eye sockets, and the last two on each of its shoulders.
I had a feeling inside me, telling me not to enter, and which scared me more was I heard a ghostly voice telling me to "beware! Turn back!"

But a huge clap of thunder made me yelp then go inside. I didn't go to far in there, so I could have some light. The , I heard my phone go off, which made me jump because I had no idea it was in my pocket. I pulled it out, and saw that Casey was looking for me.

Jessica! Where r u??

I replied back, telling her that I'm hiding in the woods.

What?! Why?!

I told her that Mr. Elise beat me half to death and I ran away in the woods to hide from him.

That's it...I'm calling
The cops! I've hade major
Suspicions that Mr. Elsie
Abuses you!

I told her to please call them, and I also told her that I'm lost.

I think I might know
Where you are.
What kind of trees are
Around you?

I glanced around, seeing mostly red oak. And I told Casey that red oak were pretty much the only tree I could see.

Ok, when it's light,
go straight north,
And eventually
You will find a highway.
Turn left and walk that
Way until you find St. Hallow
Rd, and go that way for a mile.
Then you will find my home
On the left corner by
Needmoresummer street.

I told her I got it, and that I had to go because I wanted to preserve my battery life so I can call her when I get lost.

Okay. But Jessica,
Please, stay safe. I don't want
To lose you.