Three

The bus's doors hissed open, and all of the children filed out. A few of the wrapped their shoulders around their buddies, talking to each other. Me and Casey were the last ones out of the bus; we thanked the driver for bringing us to school and the doors shut, leaving me and Casey alone on the sidewalk. I shaded my eyes from the sun and looked at my tall school building. The trees scattered all over the lawn and along the walkways were covered with many different colored leaves, such as golden, red, orange, (my favorite color) and brown. A removed my hand from my brow and caught up with Casey. I pushed open the door and held the door open for Casey, who thanked me and I followed her inside.

Casey tapped my shoulder and gestured her head towards a bully, Tony Richard, was picking on Samuel McCullum, the nerd of the school. Tony kept kept poking him and saying, "You stupid loser!"

Then Casey and I walked up to the bully, and stood there behind his back.

"You are such a faggot Sammy, you always fail," Tony spat.

Then Casey tapped his shoulder. "No one asked you for your life story Tony, now beat it," She said.

Then a random kid a few feet behind Tony shouted, "burn!"

I put my hands over my mouth, trying as hard as I could to not burst out laughing. Tony's ears were pink and so were his cheeks; he glared at Casey, then said, "I'll get you back, Casey," He said quickly, then he walked away.

I gently punched Casey on the shoulder. "That was awesome Casey!" I cheered.

Casey nodded her head. "Thank you, that rotten Tony got what he deserved."

Then Samuel walked over to Casey, and shifted his weight. "Thank you Casey, that should keep that little child Tony away from me for a good while," He said.

I smiled at Samuel, and Casey said, "Your welcome Samuel, anytime."

With that, Samuel walked away, leaving me and Casey alone at our lockers. We both typed our combination on the tiny keypad on the locker and opened them. We hanged up our coats on the hooks and shut the doors. "Did you see how pink Tony's ear turned?" I asked Casey.

She looked at me, and giggled. "Yeah, it was so funny."

I parted my lips to speak, but the school bell interrupted me. "C'mon Jessica," Casey began. "Lets hurry before we get in trouble."

I laughed. "Okay."

We smiled at each other and trotted down the hall to our classroom.

* * *

Our teacher, Mrs. Yvonne, whipped her ruler on her desk. "Good morning, children," Mrs. Yvonne said.

"Good morning," said the Timothy Smith, a fat boy with brown hair and a face covered in pimples.

"Morning Miss Yvonne," said Henry Samson, a really tall, skinny boy who has a strong southern accent.

Mrs. Yvonne nodded her head. "Today, we will be working on our proportions."

Ugh, I hate proportions, I thought to myself.

Mrs. Yvonne picked up a piece of white chalk and scribbled down a proportion problem on the board. "Now, you have three minute to solve these three proportions, eyes on your own paper," She instructed.

I turned my focus onto my math sheet, and lay it on my desk. I lifted my head up to see what the problem was, and then I lowered it down and wrote it on my paper. I tapped my pencil in a slow rhythm on my chin, thinking, then I wrote down my answer on the small box on the top-left corner of the paper. Then I turned over to the next proportion. I scratched an itch from my nose and began doing the cross multiplying and division for the answer. A few moments later, I wrote the answer 667 on the second box and turned on to my next problem.

About 7 hours later, the bell rang and the teacher said we could all go to the bus stop. Casey and I quickly rose from our seats and rushed out of the classroom. As we passed the teachers lounge, Casey got my attention. "Ugh...I suck at math," She complained.

I shook the blank from my eyes and looked at Casey. "What did you get?" I asked.

She heaved a heaved a heavy sigh. "I...I got an F." She said.

I felt sorry for her, I knew she has always had trouble with math. I patted her shoulder, trying to comfort her. "Hey, it's ok Casey," I began. "Not everyone is good at math."

Casey nodded, then smiled. "Yeah, yeah your right. Thank you Jessica," She hugged me tightly; I hugged her back.

Then my watch beeped, I raised my arm to loo at it. "Its 3:30," I said. "We better hurry, we don't want to miss that live stream."

* * *

The bus screeched to a stop, and the doors hissed open. Casey and I walked out of the bus and sat at the bus stop. The bus's brakes hissed and it drove off, leaving me and Casey at the bus stop, alone. "Well," Casey started, after a few minutes of silence. "See you tomorrow, Jessica." She gently punched me and she ran off. I waved good-bye, and walked down the street that led to my house.

 I passed Mr. Lee's house, it was tall and made of brick. I spotted the old man working in his garden, pruning his roses. I waved at him, he waved back. Afterwards I continued walking.

When I was nearly two blocks away from my house, I saw Tony Richard in his yard, listening to Justin Bieber and dancing in his boxers. I lived in the oddest neighborhood on the planet, sadly. A disgusted look grew on my face as he smacked his but, acting like one of those gross fashion models. Then he looked up and saw me staring at him. He threw a rock at the radio, causing it to stop, then he dove behind a bush. "What the hell are you doing Jess?" he shouted. "Go away you-"

I retched and walked away before he could spit his curse at me, I began to walk quicker when he turned back on the Justin Bieber.

I finally rived at my house, I saw my mom sitting on the front porch holding a cup of tea in her hands. "Hello dear! how was school?" she called to me.

I rushed down the walkway and trotted up the tiny staircase. "It was fine," I replied. "Though the lunch was terrible again."

My mom laughed right after I said that. "I will talk to the manager about that," she said, still giggling slightly. "Why don't you go inside? I left some casserole in the oven."

My stomach growled when those words game out of my mother's mouth; I didn't realize how hungry I was. "Thank you mom," I said, then with that a rushed inside. 

The delicious smell of tuna casserole ran through my nostrils, I rushed over to the oven and pulled out the casserole. I walked over to the utensil drawer across the kitchen, and took out a spoon from Wendy's. I scooped up several spoon fills and plopped them on my plate, then walked over to the table and sat down. I scooped up a spoon of casserole and shoved it into my mouth, the salty tuna made my taste buds burst with happiness.

I love my family, I thought, then I smiled. And their food.

I scooped up another spoon of casserole and shove it into my already filled mouth, I closed my eyes in content.