Twenty-one

I had to hide my wound so Sully, Tess or Casey could see it. So I quickly told them I left something in the car. They nodded, then I tried my best to sprint over there. I opened the door and crawled inside. I searched the car for the first aid kit: in the little trunk in front of the passenger seat, under the seats, nothing. Eventually, I found it stuff in between the cushions of the back seat. I popped the kit open, and searched for the bandages. I took the bandages, and some cream. I squirted some cream on my hand and gently rubbed it on the wound. The cream had alcohol, which made the wound sting as if a Japanese hornet was stinging it repeatedly. I held my other hand over my mouth to prevent myself from screaming. As my father told me when I was young, the pain means it's working.

Once I was done with the cream, I set it back into the kit and took the roll of medical bandage and slowly wrapped it around my leg. I wrapped it up till it reached my upper shin, then I ripped it from the roll and then I tied it into a small, but tight knot. I quickly put everything back and got out of the car. I shut the door and sprinted off to catch up with Casey and her parents. The cream must have helped, because it was feeling a lot better. But there was something really weird. I felt this-this stir in my stomach. I felt, I was on a crazy sugar overdose. I was alert, like some sort of animal. I prayed to the lord that creature wasn't some diabolical demon that has incarnated me, or if it infected me with some kind of toxin that would turn me into a monster like it, but common sense told me it was nonsense. I still prayed that I would be ok, and then I ran into the pool building.

Once I caught up with Casey's family, Tess had already checked me in. She used a guest pass from her pool membership account, so I was free to swim independently here. I stripped off my clothes until I was in my purple leotard-like bathing suit. When I was undoing my hair from a ponytail, Casey saw the bandages on my leg. "Hey, what happened to your leg?" she asked.

I looked up at Casey. "Huh? Oh, uh, the other day I cut it. I tripped out and the yard and scrapped it on a rock," I said.

Casey looked a little suspicious, but she just nodded her head. "Oh, okay," she said. "Are those bandages waterproof?"

"Yes," I replied. "I used the ones from the first aid kit in your car. Sully told me about it when I picked up my stuff from, you-know-who,"

Casey nodded her head again. I thought it was so mature of her to not mention, you-know-who's name. "So, wanna go off the diving board?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Sure, but will your bandaid fall off when the pressure of the water goes up your leg when you jump in?" Casey asked.

"Yeah, I wrapped 'em up real tight," I replied.

Casey chuckled, then she made a feeble attempt to crack her neck. "Let's do a diving contest!" she said.

I said okay, then my best friend and I walked off to the diving board.

The pool was quite big. Just the indoor area was about 5 acres big. There was an indoor slide, two diving boards, and three different pools. It was pretty crowded that day, I saw a few toddlers in the kiddie pool, and kids of all different ages in the others. A few seconds later, I waled up to the edge of the low-dive. I planned to do a flip, so I could beat Casey in the diving contest. Casey counted down for me, as I took position to flip. "Five...four...three...two...one!"

No longer then a split second after she said that, I did a double flip into the water. I smiled with glee when I heard Casey gasp from up at the surface. For once in a really long time, I was happy.

A/N:

Hey dudes!

Sorry for the short chapter! As you all know, I have been editing Alice, and recovering from a cold. But now I'm finally active again! Yayayayay! And some news, I entered this book into the wattys, just so if Alice or the orphanage doesn't win, this book might. :D

And one more thing, I just wanna tell you guys that I might try to write my first romance story! I'll still add some creepy stuff in there because it's gonna have some ghosts in there. No, I won't tell you why :P ;)

Welp, that's all for now,

Bye dudes!

~Nether