Twelve

I still remained in the field, sobbing and blubbering. My heart felt like it had been ripped right from my chest, and my soul felt so hurt it could kill me. I looked up at a black crow sitting on the telephone line, it cawed loudly and flew away, then I heard a bell ring a few blocks away. I looked up from my knees towards the sound. A few seconds later, I saw that bratty Carlen riding around the block on a neon pink bike with training wheels, cursing at it every time she did a slight skid. "Hey! Barfica! Mommy wants you! she said stopping whining about your parents' dumb death and come home!"

Shaken up by grief and trembling with rage, I sat abruptly from where I was sitting and stomped towards Carlen. I kept walking until I was right in Carlen's face, I had to look down a little because I was taller then her. "You know what Carlen," I began, my voice trembling with grief and rage. "Why don't you screw off and sit in front of a TV all day and eat shit like you always do."

Carlen gasped. "What?!" she protested. "I don't do that!"

I pointed my index finger in her face, drilling it back and forth so close to Carlen's ugly face I nearly hit her eye. "Yes you do! You are cruel, fat, and-and-" I growled. "In a brief summary, you are nothing but a heap of dog manure with no brain, and no heart!"

Carlen whined and placed a decently powerful smack across my cheek. "You stupid girl!" Carlen screamed.

She grabbed ahold of my shirt collar and dragged me across the grass, and on to the asphalt. "Just wait till I tell mommy, Barfica." Carlen sneered.

She slammed me against the curb and stared at me, tears and anger filling her eyes. "To bad you weren't on that ship with your dumb mommy and daddy."

Then Carlen pulled her IPhone from her pocket, and dialed Mrs. Elise's number. "Yes, mommy come pick her and me up...we are at the edge of the neighborhood, near Wicker street...she threw a rock at me and called me a bitch...oh yes, please make her pay..." then she hung up.

"You are in so muches trouble Barfica." she said, then spat in my hair.

I crawled to my knees, and stood in front of her. "You can't even speak right, you rat." I spat back.

Carlen kicked me right in the shin, my bone aching with pain so powerful I stumbled to the ground. Then I heard the noise of an engine coming from a little ways up the street, and saw that it was Mrs. and Mr. Elise's car driving towards us. Their brakes squeaked as the car came to a stop, right next to me and Carlen. Mr. Elise was the first to come out of the car. He slammed the door shut behind him, walking in a quick pace towards me. "You," he started, grabbing me by my neck, raising me to my feet. "Are in so much trouble."

"I-Carlen kick-" I was interrupted my a hard smack across my cheek. It felt like a bee sting, throbbing with pain.

"What are we going to do with her?" Mrs. Elise asked, Carlen hiding behind her mother.

"We lock her in her room. No food or water for two days." He snarled, giving me a pure evil glare.

Then with that, he threw me into the car, I hit my head on the doorway, giving me a good sized cut on my forehead. Then he slammed the door, hopped in the car, and sped off.

* * *

We came to a stop at the driveway, and Mr. Elsie quickly unbuckled himself and got out of the car, coming towards my door. He opened it up and dragged me out of the car, hitting my head again. "You stupid girl." he growled.

He kicked opened the door and pushed me on the stairs. "Go up! Now!" He ordered.

I scrambled to my feet and ran up the stairs, Mr. Elise smacked the back of my head on the way up. He then grabbed my ponytail and pulled me into the room I sleep in, and threw me against the wall. "Your parents clearly were the worst ones ever." he said.

I scowled at him. "Now I can see where your wretched daughter got her anger issues from." I spat, regretting it a split second later.

What I said really got Mr. Elsie mad. He kicked me in the gut, making me scream in pain, and dragged me up the wall by my throat, making me in eye length. "You shut up. If you ever say that again, you will be locked in the basement!" He smacked me once more and left the room, locking the door behind him.

Seconds later, I fell to the floor and started to sob. I wished my parents never died, and I wish I wasn't here. But I knew that I had to stay in this hell for the rest of my childhood. I cried and cried until I fell asleep...