Twenty-five

I was holding back so many sobs. I felt sick to my stomach when I heard my best friend having her guts removed from her body. Fear blurred my vision, and terror swelled up inside me. I just wanted to fall on the ground and scream for my mom. But I knew that wasn't an option, so I ran off into the woods. I heard Mr. Elsie, Mrs. Elsie and Carlen shrieking and chasing after me. My heart thumped more harder than the man on his orchestra drum. I ran until I stumbled across a small little hole underneath some tree roots, kind of like a hobbit hole. I dove in, and closed my eyes tightly and held my breath. My heart skipped a beat when I heard Mr. Elsie and his monster family. "You are turning into one of us!" Mrs. Elsie snarled. "You can't fight it!"

She was right. I felt a demonic hunger inside me. MY skin was turning pale, and my hands were turning scrawny. I quietly snuck a peek at my wound; and it was worse than ever. It was leaking the same gray puss that looked like Mr. Elsie's. My veins were sticking out of it, and they were all dry and shriveled up. I thought I'd puke, but my fear was to intense. My eyes suddenly widened and my breath nearly stopped when I saw a long, bony hand reach down in the hole I was in. I backed away from it as far as I could, but I reached the end of the hole. I closed my eyes while tears rolled down my cheeks. My boy prepared for the pain that would come if Mr. Elsie found me. I had no choice but to run for it. I smacked the hand away and darted out of my hole. "Hey! Get back here!" screeched Carlen, I could still recognize who's voice was who's, even over their gravely, monstrous voices.

I kept on running. My legs were so tired I thought I'd collapse. But unfortunately, I did. I tripped over my own strides, and did a few back rolls, and hit my head on an oak tree. Dazed, I shakily got to my feet. But Mr. Elsie, Mrs. Elsie, and Carlen lunged at me. Mr. Elsie pinned me against the very tree I banged my head on. "Gotcha," he hissed. "Tell me, would you like your death to be swift, or agonizing?"

I spat in his face. "Let me go you snitch!" I growled.

Mr. Elsie didn't even flinch. He just licked my saliva from his face with a snake-like tongue. "Ah, such a shame," he sighed. "You would have been such a good servant to me."

My heart gained speed as he inched his puss-oozing mouth to my face. It stretched so wide, like a snake. He was just about to bite my face off, but then the rain began to fall. A huge gale of wind whipped through the trees. Mr. Elsie barley looked concerned. He just titled his head upward, then he started licking my face. I thought it was the end for me. I closed my eyes, and prepared to die. But then I heard a huge crack. Mr. Elsie and his family looked up, to see a huge, dead oak tree hurtling down at us. I took my chance, and escaped Mr. Elsie's grip and threw myself out of the way of the tree. But Mr. Elsie and his demon family were to slow. The tree fell down, and crushed them. I felt sick when I heard their guts splat and their bones cracked. I looked at where the tree had fallen, and I saw someone's hand sticking out from under it. It twitched, then went limp. I whispered a silent prayer. It's over, I thought. I'm free. But I was wrong. The demon hunger inside me has grown so much. I screeched just like one of the monsters. "No!" I screamed. I kept on switching from being myself, then a monster. "No! Nooo!"

A/N:
Hey guys! Sorry for another long wait for an update! I was so excited to write this chapter! Especially how you (the reader) thought it all was over, but it wasn't.

Please point out any mistakes I made! And most important of all, please vote and comment if you enjoyed!

See you guys next time!

Cam Jenkins