two

November 11th, 2016.

The next morning, the sun shown through my window and into my eyes. A bird flew up to the window and pecked the glass, causing me to smile. I stretched the sleep from my body and crawled out of bed. I glanced at my clock across the room sitting on my dresser; it read 6:30. I walked over to my dresser and pulled open my top drawer, and pulled out one of my favorite dresses. It was crimson and was down to my shins in length, and it had a long ribbon on the back, which I liked to tie around my back like a bow. I took of my pajamas and tossed them on the carpet floor, put on my crimson dress, and walked out my door, closing it behind me.

Once I came to the bottom of the stairs, my mother and father greeted me. "Good morning sweet heart," said my mother, smiling brightly.

"Morning Jessica," my father added.

"Hey," I replied. "Do you mind if I go get a pop tart?"

My father chuckled for some strange reason and looked up from his newspaper and said, "Sure, but don't eat the whole box this time ok?"

I laughed as the memory of  six year-old me getting up at five in the morning, stuffing my face with brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts, and my parents yelling at me. "Don't worry, dad," I assured him. "I won't."

My father nodded and I walked into the kitchen and opened the cabinet, pulling out the pop tarts. I snatched the shiny wrapped pastry and shut the cabinet and sat at the table. I peeled off the wrapper and sunk my teeth into the pop tart. The sweet cinnamon filling flooded my taste buds with delicious flavor. The dough melted in my mouth along with the cinnamon filling. Then the clock on the wall dinged loudly, making me jump.

"Seven o'clock dear, you have to go to school now," she hollered from the living room.

I quickly shoved the one and a half pop tarts into my mouth (surprisingly) and grabbed my backpack. "Bye mom!" I called.

My mom and dad said good bye to me and I rushed out the door.

* * *

At the bus stop, I saw my best friend ever, Casey, waving at me, with her hot pink backpack next to her. "Hey Jessica!" she hollered.

I ran over to her and sat down over the roofed steel shack, casting a long shadow along the asphalt. Casey picked up her backpack and lay it on the ground so I could sit closer. "did you hear SuperGirlyGamer is doing a live-stream this evening?" Casey questioned.

I turned my focus on to Casey. "Oh sweet! when does it start?" I asked.

Casey shifted her weight on the metal bench. "I heard It starts at five o'clock tonight." She answered, typing a text-message to a random person that I didn't know.

I nodded. "Okay then, lets hope we can be the first ones there," I said.

Casey chuckled. "That would me so awesome if SuperGirlyGamer replied to us on the live chat." she stated, an exited look appearing on her face.

"Yeah! We could brag to all of the others in school about it," I added.

We both laughed hysterically together, then I put my arm around Casey's shoulder. Then the bus honked from further down the street, I removed my arm from Casey's shoulder and stood. "C'mon Casey, lets go," I said.

Casey said ok and sat up, and picked up her backpack, slinging it on her shoulder. Once the bus's breaks hissed, and the bus stopped, we climbed on the yellow bus.