Twenty-six

My demonic self took control of my body. I ran through the woods on all fours, like a wendigo from until dawn. I splashed through a mud puddle, and my footsteps were the first to blemish it's perfect outline. I snarled like a hungry predator, and now I had more gray puss leaking from my mouth. I skidded to a stop when I came to a highway, and in the distance, I saw the city. I knew that I was a couple miles from my house, and same for Mr. Elsie's. I crawled out onto the middle of the highway, and screeched like the monster Mr. Elsie. I ran off into the city, because apparently, I was hungry. My real self tried to pull away from there, but I was almost completely consumed by the venom from Mr. Elsie's bite. I kept on running towards city, I was weeping, and snarling simultaneously.

I swarmed the blocks, tackling anyone that I could. I pounced onto a woman, and bit her hands of, each with one big chomp. I saw a school group of 1st graders, screaming in terror as their teacher was trying to lead them to safety. My demonic self charged after them, but I used all the strength I had to take control over my body and run away. I had to do something, I thought. I needed to stop killing people and eating their flesh. Then right there, I knew what I had to do.

I had to kill myself.

I fought the monster trying to take control of me, and used the little power I had to make myself run into the nearest building. I crashed through the crowd of screaming men and women. My monstrous self tackled an old man. I screeched in his face and stared chewing on it. I felt blood, flesh and bits of bone. Blood oozed from my lips. I came to a stop when I was satisfied with my meal. The man's face was gone, and all that was left was chewed bloody flesh and spots where his skull was exposed. I ran for the stairway, and somehow I crawled up the walls, like a spider in its web. People were blowing down the stairs, screaming in terror as they saw me, a gnarled pale monster with long talons and huge fangs. I eventually came to the top of the building. I crashed through the door and ran up to the edge. I peered down at the sidewalk. It was a long drop. At least 200 feet. My monster self was terrified, and tried to run away, but I screamed, and forced my self to jump off the edge.

When I was falling, time seemed to slow down. The monster self was distracted by fear, which let my brain show me memories of my family and friends. I saw Casey and I, playing on a swing set on a hot summer day. And I saw my parents, sitting next to me at the Taylor swift concert. Tears swelled up in my eyes as I came closer to the ground, then my body made impact on the concrete. My vision when black, and my eyes closed.
I saw my soul making its way to the heavens, I saw the White shore, and the memories of my life faded away.