CH/1

Alright let’s start from the beginning, since that’s the best and logical place to start. I’m Luna, yeah it’s different I know, my parents had a sense of humor. Although it seems fitting since I was born on the lunar moon. Okay back to where I was, I have blue green eyes, stand about five six and have medium chocolate brown hair. I’m average build with long legs, everything else is pretty much proportional to my body size. I have two jobs, well one’s more like a hobby. My main source of income is working at the local grocery store. I was born on April 15, 2013, and am twenty-four as of this moment.

    My second is helping and rescuing wolves, that’s right I said wolves. Once in a while I’ll take in a half breed, that someone mixed with a GSD (German Sheppard Dog) or a Husky. But for the most part they’re pure wild wolves. I bet your trying to figure out why? Well that’s simple, to me wolves are wholesome, they don’t lie, or kill for no reason, they don’t steal…well most of them don’t. To tell you the truth I prefer animals, mainly wolves over people. Living in a two bedroom log home, with one bath house on a dead end dirt road, makes life easy for having such creatures.

    The closest thing to me is a farm owned by a man named John, and ever so often I have to refund him for the lose of a chicken or two. I have rules for keeping wolves, but we’ll get to that later. I drive a hunter green Ford F-250 with 4x4, it’s a little old, but still has plenty of kick left. I own fifty-five acres, everything from a running stream to thickly wooded areas. I find that wolves like to have a choice, and I give them that. Keeping wolves makes you more aware of what your doing, and your surrounding. Like for instance, I no longer look an Alpha in the eyes, or try and make them do anything.

    I should probably explain what I mean by that. Alpha’s are normally males wolves and the head of the pack. They’re larger, stronger and more aggressive then say a pack member. But there is a reason for this, they need to keep the others in check or all hell will break loose. I kind of think of it like the military, if you didn’t have a commander, the rest of the soldiers would just do anything they felt like. The alpha is in charge of everything from where they sleep to what they hunt. He is the decider if you live or die, and he does all of this without saying a word. Here’s the thing, I only take in male wolves. Why? Well I learned real quick that female people are not only arrogant and pissy but when you add one hundred and fifty-five pounds of pure wolf to that mix and give them the agility of a wild cat, you get a mouth full of teeth around your neck.

When I get a call about a female wolf in trouble I send them to a friend of mine who takes females in. He’s a Native American and has great luck with the females, males not so much. So this works out great for us. Bastards never even been bitten by a female wolf, as soon as they seem him they’re like kittens. ~Sigh~ Anyways, back to what I was saying. I’ve only had one Alpha since starting this, which has been about five years. Most cases are animal cruelty where the owners use them as fighting dogs and in rare cases a wolf will be rejected from its pack, and will need to be relocated.

    I got a call about three days ago, about a male wolf that had been wandering around the streets. A woman had gotten him home and was caring for him. However her husband was not so welcomed by the male. She had told me, the wolf didn’t do anything except growl and keep the man away from her. You have to understand a two hundred pound male wolf is very intimidating to a human. They not only are extremely light on their feet, but also have great strength, razor sharp teeth and dagger like claws. The husband couldn’t take it any longer and told her to find him some place else to go. I accepted him into my home, since I didn’t have any wolves at this time.

    I only take a max of two males at a time, and this is only if there are no Alphas. Alphas who are being rehabilitated hate other males, and will try to kill them on the spot. The woman’s name was Sara and she said she would bring him by today. Our conversation when like this.

~Phone ringing~
“Hello?”
“Ah, Yes Hello, I was told you take in wolves?”
“Yes I do, how can I help you?”
“Well, I found this male walking the streets a few weeks ago, and he’s really sweet to me.” Pausing “But he doesn’t like my husband, and well….”
“Your husband want’s you to find him a new home, correct?”
“Yes…umm will he be living with you?”
“Yes.”
“Does…does that mean he lives in a cage?”
“Absolutely not, I don’t do cages, he will have free rein of over fifty acres, of everything from mountains to woods. He gets as much food as he can handle…without getting fat. And as soon as he’s back to himself we find him a new pack.”
She sighed “That sounds really good, would you be able to take him?”
“Sure, I don’t have any others at the moment, so he would have the place to himself.”
“When can I bring him by?”
“I’m off this Saturday.”
“Okay, I will be by then, thank you.”
“Your welcome.”

We exchanged a few more words about my address and stuff like that, now I was sitting on my front porch waiting for a white Chevy Tahoe to pull up. She must of gotten lost at some point cause she was thirty minutes late, didn’t bother me. Over the years of having wolves, you learn to take everything in time. She pulled up making a small cloud of dust, and I stood up in my blue jeans and wolf tank top. I didn’t have a sign or a business card, I didn’t advertise.  Sara was a really pretty blonde, with a model like body. I smirked thinking about how the husband must of felt not being able to bang her, since the wolf arrived.

    She talked to me about him, the wolf that is, for a few minutes and looked around my place, sure enough no cages or fences. She asked a good question which was what I was hoping a responsible owner would do. “What if he runs away?” Blinking at me with huge blue eyes. “He’s going to wear a tracker for the first few months, it’s light weight and he won’t feel it on his neck.” Smiling to reassure her. “Ohh okay” she seemed pleased with my answer. “I’m going to have you put it on him, since you’re closer to him than me.” I did this as a precaution. He was already going to be stressed out from the drive and the smells of my place still had wolf written all over it. 

I handed her the dark colored collar which matched his fur, she had told me he was a dark brown color. I had a good reason for this, not using bright colors was to keep other animal from seeing him when he hunted and also to make him less noticeable by hunters. She easily slipped the collar on him, and like I figured he didn’t even fuss. She was about in tears when she gave him a kiss on the muzzle and let him jump out of the car. No lease I had told her, which made me happy when she listened to me. He was stunning looking, with a dark brown coat and black paws. His ears and muzzle were black as well, the only white on him was the tip of his tail.

    “Wow.” looking him over making sure not to make eye contact. “Yea, please take good care of him. I really hate parting with him.” she started to cry. “Please feel free to call me, if I don’t answer just leave me a message. I’ll send you pictures of him once he’s more relaxed.” I did this for a reason, owners are very dramatic when they leave a wolf with me, so to make it less painful I send them a few pictures, after about a month they stop calling and asking. I made a quick look at his face, and noticed bright golden green eyes peering at me.