CH/9

“Oh, yea I can see that. Well just relax, no sense in worrying about it now.”
    “I guess your right.” Smiling and laying back down. Sam is a smart man, and like any smart man he doesn’t let someone know when he has something on them. He walked back down without a glance to the woods. The male laid down and hid from the sun a little. I rolled over after about an hour and worked my other side. Panting beside me was the male.
    “Geez your gunna get heat stroke like that. Here.” Taking a half ice cube out of my drink and handing it to him. Licking my hand till it was gone and then licked once on my cheek.
    “Better?” I got a yip and a tail wag.

    “Hey Luna Dinner’s ready.” Sam yelled, as Marlene waved through the kitchen window.
    “Oh great, coming.” We were eating outside at the picnic table, Sam had built. This was a better idea since the females would smell me all over the house and the male wouldn’t be allowed in. Taking a few steps off the ladder down I lost my footing and tripped.
    “Luna.” Sam yelled rushing to me. I got a whine from the male who looked worried. A large black paw stepped out of the woods only to creep back in again undetected.
    “I’m fine, just clumsy.” I had caught myself with my palms and knees.
    “Damn you scared me.” Sam was shaking a little bit.

    “I told you we need a better way to get in the pool.” Marlene grumbled like a mother.
    “Yes dear, I’ll start working on it tomorrow.” If Sam had ears they would have been drooping. It made me laugh, she had him wrapped around her finger. Marlene didn’t even mind all the females living with Sam, she told me once that she doesn’t have the least bit of hate towards them. I would laugh, but could tell she really wasn’t bothered by it. Sitting at the table and eating everything from corn on the cob, to salad with strawberries and steak. I gave my left over’s to the male who gladly licked my fingers clean.

    “You better be careful Luna, or you’ll have another male problem on your hands.” Sam smirked watching him clean my hand.
    “Yea, I know. But he really is sweet.” Handing him another piece.
    “What are you two talking about?” Blinking rapidly at us.
    “Ah its nothing to worry about Marlene.” Shrugging my shoulders and taking my hand back.

With all the food gone we cleaned up, and I helped Marlene with the dishes before returning to her place. Her house was dressed in Indian motif. Pictures of her great family were in black in white, Maroon curtains flowed down to the floor onto a dark stain wooden floor. She did however have one of the comfiest couches I have ever sat on. Coming back out with a few sheets a pillow and a blanket for me.
    “Here you go, sorry this is the only thing I have that’s not hot right now.” Handing me a pair of plaid short shorts and a white tank top that had been cut to show almost all of your stomach. I laughed.
“Its fine, thanks”

    Since her AC was broken we hung outside till the bugs were unbearable. Then a cold shower and changed into my other clothes, if that’s what you wanted to call them. Marlene gave me a fan to blow over my body and she took her shower. She had a rule that wolves slept outside, unless the weather was unbearable for them. So my male friend went to his barn and curled up falling asleep. Crickets talked over the sound of the fan, while I lay half asleep.
    Something hot started moving its way up my stomach, and I twitched moving to my side. It began again down my shoulder to my wrist. It became clear something was touching me, my eyes snapped open.

A pair of glowing eyes fixated on me, it was so dark in Marlene’s house that making out the face was harder than in mine. The being snatched my wrist and pulling me upward. I gave a thought to yelling, but my mouth was cupped closed by a large hand.
    “Be quiet” He said, that voice was unmistakable…Alpha
His hand removed slowly making sure I wouldn’t yell waking her.