CH/20

My father lived in what was known as the royal house. All the Monarch’s before him have lived in this house. Its very grand, fully staffed with servants, a butler and maids. The land is vast for hunting, and whatever else you felt like doing. A few yards away are other homes for other wolf members. But my fathers is was by far very stunning. Its large cast iron gates feature two wolves howling in the moonlight.

    Once you past that you drive on crushed seashells and they even smell like the ocean. As you come to the front of the house, a large water fountain in the shape of a beautiful woman holding a bowl, or something like that pours water into another bowl. The driveway is set up so you don’t ever have to back up. A large garage is off to the side with large wooden siding and white revolving doors.

    Then there was the house with its western log cabin feel meets new age sleek. A front porch with a swing on each side, was accompanied by large red clay pottery from the native tribes. The large wooden double doors had carvings of wolves in many different styles.

Matias and I get out of the truck and walked up the wooden steps. It opened before we could even touch it, a man dressed in a butlers uniform bow and smiled. Stepping into the main room, it took my breath away. It had been a long time since I last saw this place, and it still made me happy. A crystal chandler with deer antlers hung ever so lightly. The V set ceilings gave the place a bigger feel along with the huge windows that lined the whole top of the house. Two wooden staircases ran down the sides of the room, hallways on either side lead to various other rooms.

    Walking past the stairs lead to the kitchen and dinning area which was just as massive. Father would hold meetings and parties to celebrate births and weddings. He had talked about my wedding as a child, but stopped once I was reviled only to be a half breed. The kitchen was equipped to have at least five cooks at once and a dozen or so waiter/s. It even had a handmade pizza oven, aww pizza. I smiled without realizing it.

    The dinning area was rich with blues and gold’s.  A large rectangle table with a gold running cloth ran the whole length, making it even longer. Mirrors with golden trim were scattered all over the longest wall, while across from it was large bay windows that draped blue curtains. A large deck now was big enough for even the largest pack. There wasn’t any snow here, father lived in Texas, so it was just the right temperature this time of year. There was no need for a pool like Sam’s place, there was a natural spring that housed fresh water.

    Matias was still standing in the main hall when father came down a flight of stairs.
    “Alpha Matias your early” Looking surprised but not unhappy.
    “Yes sir” Bowing his head. Before he could say I was here, I walked around the corner and yelled.
    “Father” He spun around in time to catch me.
    “Luna!” Looking surprised from both having me here and from catching me. “What are you…?”
    “I decided I needed to come.” smiling at him.
    “I see.” He looked worried.

    “I’m not running anymore, we have other problems.” letting him know I was serious about this.
    “You always were a smart girl.” patting my head and hugging me again. He was wearing black slacks and a clean cut maroon button down shirt. His shoes didn’t match anything, being that they were house slippers. Leave it to father to wear comfortable shoes. I giggled thinking he hadn’t changed a bit.

“Well, lets see you to your rooms.” Alpha looked a bit discouraged we were sleeping in separate rooms, but this was my fathers house. My room hadn’t changed since I’d left. Its cream colored walls, still had all my silly posters of bands and wolves. A small desk where I did homework sat in the corner. A queen sized bed with four white posts draped white fish netting, intertwining with ivy. The rug was a hunter green and still looked brand new, floor length mirror with gold trim, in another corner. I had my own bathroom, which was small but it was all mine. White tile for the floor and inside the shower.