CH/6

I left followed by the male, as we headed for the tree line. Between Marlene and Sam was an elderly couple that didn’t mind the wolves and their land combined was massive. Stepping into the woods we looked to be swallowed by the trees themselves. A few feet in I stopped and dropped the clothes on the ground. He sniffed them and sat down. Twitching his ears.

“Come on, change back. You have enough energy to do it.” Folding my arms at him. His head tilted to one side as if he didn’t understand.
“Don’t play stupid with me, shift wolf.” Turning around. With one eye I watched as his body shifted into a human man. He slipped the clothes over his somewhat skinny body and sighed.

“Why’d you make me shift?” A low, quiet, and feeble voice asked.
“Because you need to tell me what happened.”
“I …don’t want to.”
“Come on, how’d you get caught by that man?”
He didn’t answer me, just looked else where. Huffing I called his bluff.

“If you don’t tell me, I won’t come see you anymore.” His eyes widened.
“I was drugged, at a club.”

Sounded familiar, most werewolves hang out at clubs at night, and mingle with others. But there’s been a new drug that can be given to a werewolf and make them practically tame. It can be given to a human as well, but there won’t be any effects. This is how dog fighters find werewolves. It’s a sick game. Most people know all about werewolves, but just avoid them. There harmless unless you provoke them first.

“Do you have a pack?”
“Yes”
“You want me to get in touch with them?”
He shook his head. Which implied he either didn’t like the pack he was in or they were against their members going to clubs.

“Alright.” Pinching my nose and signing. “One more thing, what was the club called?”

“Club DeMint” He paused. “Can I change back?” His eyes shifted across the ground.
“If your more comfortable that way, go a head.” Smiling.
He shifted back and the clothes dropped to the ground. Picking them up he stuck his nose under my neck. This was known as a thank you. I scratched his head and smiled with a nod. We left the woods and headed back to the barn. Sam was leaning against the back and waited for me to get closer.
“Something wrong Sam?”
“No, just wondering where you went off to.”
“Just a walk.”

Sam caught my face and nodded, knowing I knew more. The alpha came around the corner and stopped in his tracks. The male at my feet snarled and stepped in front of me. This was bad for a few reasons. Standing in front of me was a sign he was protecting me, and snarling at an Alpha could get you killed. He was making it clear the Alpha couldn’t have me. If the Alpha was in a bad mood or just a cruel one he wouldn’t hesitate to kill him.
“Easy boy, back down. He’s not interested. Easy.” The male calmed enough to make him less threaten. Everyone stood still waiting on the Alpha. He approached and looked down at the male, with whites in his eyes.

“Alpha, please.” I begged quietly and slowly placing myself in between both males.
He looked at me and frowned.
“Move woman.”
“No.” Calmly.
“I said move.” Glaring at me.
“No.”

“I’m warning you woman, step aside.”
“And I’m telling you I will not, you will not hurt him.”
“He needs to be punished for a direct threat to an Alpha”
“He’s been hurt enough buy others, I will not allow you to do the same.”
If looks could kill, I would have been dead years ago. With one eye the Alpha looked down at the male, who was clearly not doing well at all. He had lost all his energy and was just about falling over. Huffing the Alpha turned around.
“Not worth my time.” Waving us off and leaving. I relaxed and looked down at the male who had his eyes half opened. Leaning down and picking him up, I walked him back to the barn. Laying him on his blankets and rubbing his head.
“Sleep, you need your strength. I’ll be by in a few days to check on you. Eat what Marlene gives you.” He half heartily licked my hand and I left.

Marlene and Sam waited for me outside.
“Please make sure to call me if he stops eating.” Looking at Marlene.
“Sure thing.”