CH/23

Turning around I grabbed Matias by the arm and pulled him closer to me.
    “Matias walk me to my room please.” flipping my nose up at Donavon. Without a word we walked away, Matias keeping quiet till my bedroom door closed. His laugher was loud and uncontrolled.
    “Holy shit! You punched him in the face.” grabbing his hair and staring at me.
    “So!” not understanding what the big deal was.
    “You do realize he could end up being your mate, and you just socked him in the kisser.” Grinning and walking over to me.

    “That’s the least of my worries.” Taking a well needed breath. His eyes raised. “Besides” Moving closer to his face and pointing my finger at his chest.
    “Your not going to lose, are you? Your going to win for me, so I can have my freedom.” Flashed a devilish smile. Seeing my reflection in his eyes, I wondered why he just stood there.
    “You know, when you get like this…I’m not sure how to handle you.” Being very honest. Was he blushing, yup defiantly blushing.
    “What do you mean?” Blinking.

    “Nothing, forget it.” He went to leave, but my arm snapped out and grabbed his. This shocked both of us, and I didn’t know if it was me or my wolf who did it.
    “Luna?” Whispering, while looking down.
    “Please tell me, your always really quiet. Like when you first came to my home. You were such a pain, and didn’t listen to me. You had to do things your way, I never understood why you acted the way you did.” Still holding, as if letting go of him would mean never seeing him again. He was silent before finally giving me answers.
    “That day…the one where the other Alpha showed up.” He looked at me.
    “Luke?”

    “Yea him” Signing. “I was in the woods, furious with you. Even thought about leaving. But when I saw that car and heard you scream, I just snapped. I can’t explain it, I felt like I needed to protect you.” turning away.
    “But you were so mean” no crying I yelled at myself, no freaking crying.
    “Mean? How?”
“When you kissed me in front of Luke and then watched him leave you…spit it out.” The words lowered as if not to be spoken.
    “I…I’m really sorry, I didn’t want you to get the wrong idea.”

Well that’s exactly what I thought, besides who spits after a kiss anyways.

    “It hurt” feeling even more pathetic.
    “I wasn’t trying to hurt your feelings, I just didn’t know what else to do. After I kissed you I started feeling funny and got dizzy. It set my mouth on fire, and I panicked.” Rubbing the back of his head, while turning to me.

My brain started running threw his words, he felt the same things I was feeling. That dizzy and hot feeling like you were on fire, but in a good way.

“When you punched me in the nose, I was more worried you were leaving me then mad.” He gave a short laugh.
    “Huh! Why?” This I just had to know.
    “Because I thought maybe you’d run to…Luke and leave me.” Holy crap he’s so freaking cute right now, he looks like a lost puppy.
    “I would never go to Luke, he’s freaking crazy.” huffing.
    “Yea I know that now, but when I found you near the pup, it pissed me off more.” Growling low.
    “The pup? You men the male we saved?”
    “Yes” his frown stayed.
    “Why would that make you madder?” This wasn’t adding up.
    “Because I could understand you picking another Alpha over me, but I couldn’t stand the thought of a pup getting you.” growling more. Yup he’s super cute when he’s like this. I giggled and covered my mouth.

    “What’s so funny” Turning his glaring eyes on mine.
    “Your something else, you know that.” Smiling. “You act like such a tough guy, and get all mad but really your just a puffy marshmallow on the inside.” Poking his stomach, which felt nothing like a marshmallow.
    His face softened and I saw a smile grace me, it practically stopped my heart. Leaning down to me, his lips waved just out of reach of mine.
    “Yea well don’t be going and telling everyone.” His breath was hot, and smelled like chocolate and mint.
    “I wouldn’t dream of ruing your crimson reputation.” smiling lightly as he kissed me. We broke apart far sooner then I wanted to, but he reminded me.
    “You need to get ready Miss Luna” flashing brightly lit eyes. I agreed even though I didn’t want to, and he left my room.

~Holy hell, he’s even better then I thought~ I had to agree with her, the more I was around Matias the more I wanted him next to me.

Shaking my head and getting back to my plan, I still needed to make everything go right tonight. Slapping my face and getting me out of the Matias comma I had put myself in.

My clothes dropped to the floor before entering the bathroom and turning on the shower. Getting in and getting the sweat smell off, then drying off and blowing my hair again.

“Lets try something different” looking in the mirror with a smile. I re-did the curls leaving them to dry. Heading for the closet, I grabbed a cream colored slip, and matching panties. Flipping threw dresses and grabbing one I thought would look the part I needed to play. A pair of white strap heels and a chucky bracelet along with a small pair of dangle earrings. I signed realizing I hadn’t put this much work into something since the Alpha showed up.

~Something wrong?~ She must of felt it to.

~Yea, I’m scared for him~ taking another sigh.
~I wouldn’t think about it, you have enough to worry about.~

It was like having your own personal conscience to talk to, and who would answer you back…not making you look crazy. Taking a deep breath I got ready. A whole new look needed to happen, and I was running out of time. This wasn't a formal event, which meant I was the center of attention since my father said it would also be about me returning. The guest would be waiting for me to come down the stairs, so they could greet me, and kiss major ass. I hate having to be fluffed around, but this was my idea so I can’t really bitch…to much.