CH/30

“One Kamikaze drink please.”  The bartender started my drink as I sat on a stool. A man across the bar held his drink up to me, and I turned away. God not today please.
    My drink was placed in front of me and I squeezed the lime over the top, mixing it with the skinny black straw. Taking a sip, the cold sour sweet taste was just what I wanted. Downing the rest and calling the bartender back.

    “Keep em coming till I say stop.” pushing the drink to him. He nodded and made another. I folded my arms on the bar and put my head down. I was so not happy.
    “Can I buy you a drink?”  a strange man with a horrible smell.
    “You can’t afford me” taking the new drink from the bartender and doing the same as before.
    “That’s a new one, come on one drink” He put his hand on my shoulder. Geez I haven’t even gotten buzzed and there crawling all over.

    “Look buddy, remove your hand or I’ll remove more then that.” Snapping and downing the drink. Turning around giving him my best ‘fuck off’ look. He was skinny, but built pretty nicely. His face had morning stubble and big brown eyes.
    “No reason to get hostile, I was just asking to buy you a drink.”
    “Yea well, when a woman says no, it means no.” Turning back to my third drink.
    “To be fair you never said no.”

    “Your right, I said you couldn’t afford me.” Taking a breath. “No”
    He huffed and called me the B word and walked off. Good riddens. Taking my drink and looking into for answers. The radio played ’Rihanna stay’  It was a perfect fit to what I felt like. Leaning my head on my arm, drinking threw the tiny straw. Another one was placed in front of me, and the bartender smiled. I gave him a thank you nod and he walked off to get someone else a drink.
    “You look like shit” That voice sounded familiar. Turning around in my chair. There was my girl Jane, she was so pretty. Her naturally straight brown hair and gorgeous big brown eyes.
    “Jane” launching my body on hers and crying.

    “Shit you’re a lot worse.” Patting my back and sitting next to me. She ordered a whiskey sour on the rocks. I told her everything and she was speechless.
    “Damn” sipping her drink and rattling the ice.
    “Yea” finishing my drink, having another in front of me.
    “How many of those have you had so far?” Looking worried.
    “I dunno three.” The bartender raised five fingers, and Jane nodded.
    “This suck!” downing another drink. Pushing it away and calling the bartender.
    “I think you’ve had enough.”
    “No I Haven’t my liver hasn’t started screaming yet. Besides you know what I am.”
    “True” Signing and letting him make me another one. I grabbed it and sipped it a few times. She watched me, feeling her eyes.

    “What?”
    “I’ve never seen you like this before, you’re a mess. You look almost human” Laughing. I stuck my tongue out at her.
    “Cause that’s grown up” rolling her eyes and asking for another drink.
    “I don’t have to be a grown up anymore.” speaking in a Childs voice.   
    “Why don’t you make the first move” taking her new drink in hand.
    “Are you flipping nuts, its not mine to make. He’s just being an ass.”
    “Sounds to me like your not from one yourself.” Taking a sip.
I sent her a nasty glare, but Jane never cares about those.
    “You hurt my head” taking another sip of my drink.
    “Your so stubborn Luna, your also intimidating to men.” Smiling devilishly at me.
    “What’s that suppose to mean?” Slamming my drink down.
    “That right there, you make men feel like they can’t compete with you. You never need anyone, your Luna an independence woman who can drink, shoot, drive and cuss like a sailor.” rattling her ice.

    “But I like being independent, what’s so wrong with cussing? Or driving fast, and shooting a gun? And so what if I can drink more then men. Freaking Pansies” She burst out laughing.
    “See, your so strong. They don’t know what to do with that. There use to woman who are flower pickers and poem readers. Not a gun slinging crazy ass fire breathing wolf.” She had a good point.
    “Well guess I’m screwed then” finishing off another drink.
    “You could change?” Looking sour at me.
    “Changing is over rated.” waving the bartender.

I ended up have ten more drinks, which I think was a light night for me. Jane had me laughing the rest of the night, I was so glad I came out hear. We danced a little bit and drank more, it was a fun night. I spilled my drink on my shirt, but kept dancing. A few biker guys were hanging outside the bar and they started messing with us, I got into a brawl with them and laughed as there ass were on the floor. Now I don’t normally get shit faced and act like a twenty one year old let out of her cage, but I needed this. Jane took me to another bar that served really good liquor bowls. I killed four, and was still ready for more. I ran up a huge tab, and danced on a stage with flashing lights.
    “Luna” Jane laughed as I slid down a stripper pole.
    “Luna, that’s for woman who work hear” Laughing.
    “Sign my ass up then” Slurring my words and waving my hands in the air. She laughed pulling me into my seat so the woman who was suppose to dance could. 

I should of said this earlier Jane’s a lesbian. Which sucks cause I’m so not. Her girlfriend works at a pole dancing club. Jane also is a hard worker and a really good friend, she wont fight your fights for you, but when you need her she’s there.

The owner of the place walked over and blew his cigar smoke in my face.
    “Ohh, breath mint”
    “I was wondering if you ladies are hear for a job?” His cheap suit was so not working for him. Its over purple color made him look like a plumb eggplant. The green tie was so not a good choice either.
    “Why who’s askin” rolling my eyes and laughing.
    “Well If you wanted to work tonight, I’d let you and whatever you make for tips is yours.”
    “Done” Getting up before he could finish.
    “Luna!” Looking shocked.   
    “What? I got a nice ass, and my boobs are 34C” holding them as if she couldn’t see.
    “Luna, Do you really want to do this.?”
    “Aww what the hell, I can cross it off my list of stupid things never to do again.” Using my hand to help push the words across. I left before she could convince me this was a bad idea.
    “The dressing room is over there.”