CH/4

To my surprise the Alpha wasn’t sitting at the door this time, walking back to my laptop I found a man sitting on the sofa. Around his neck was a dark brown collar, it matched his hair and eyebrows. His eyes were a stunning blue with yellow streaks, interesting lips and a face that could melt your heart.
“So you decided to change into your human form?” Not shocked at all.

PAUSE: I forgot to mention that almost all the wolves I take in are werewolves. I can tell the difference by there smell, werewolves have an almost sweet smell to them, while normal wolves smell like dirt and musk. This is part of the reason I can talk to them, my father called it Wolf talker for short. But I have Native blood in me and it gives me more of an understanding of the wolves. UNPAUSE:

“Yea” A deep rich voice with a hint of sarcasm.
“Well I’m honored.”      Smiling and taking up my seat again.
“You…” He growled thinking of what to say. “You killed that man?”
I paused before taking my laptop.
“Yes!” looking back at the screen. My words were cold and I had no reason to lie.
“ You think that’s right?”
“On any other occasion I would have to say no, but this was different.” This didn’t seem to please him.
“Stupid humans, all you do it kill.” spitting his dislike for not only humans, but me as well.
“Yes, humans are horrible, and yes we do kill. However I don’t kill unless I have a justifiable reason for it.” I was still playing while talking.

“What reason do you have that is good enough to kill someone? What gives you that right?” He stood up and glared at me. Now on most occasions I would never in my life pick a fight with a full grown Alpha Werewolf. For one they’re freaking huge, second they’re stronger then a mack truck on full throttle, and thirdly you normally are not the winning party in the match. But my day had gone from calm to crazy with just a phone call, and I was in no mood for him.

    Placing the laptop down and snapping my neck at him, with fierce eyes.
“What right you ask? I have every right to protect the things I love most. I have every right to kill a man who uses wolves for his fighting matches, who takes kits from their mothers and uses them as bait.” My voice grew louder as I stood up. “I have every right, to burn buildings and set a man on fire, if I see it fit to stop the carnage from happing again. So don’t you dare tell me, I don’t have the right to kill.” I was in his face or somewhat close to it since he was at least a foot taller then me.
    We both held our ground before he looked a little different than before. I sighed heavily and turned away. “I’m done.” heading for my room and locking the door behind me. I heard him shift back and leave because of the loud thud and the first step in or out of my house makes this weird creek noise. My eyes closed and I went to sleep.

    The next morning the Alpha was no where in sight, however a few steaks were missing from my fridge. Grabbing a few more from the freezer I left them in the fridge to thaw out slowly. Then headed off to work. This was the normal for the next week and a half, he would come and go as I came home. Avoiding me at all costs. On one night I left the door to my bedroom open and heard him walked in on two legs. I played the I’m asleep card and didn’t move. He stayed in my room for a good three hours before leaving as the sun was starting to set.

    I have a really nice cherry tree a few feet from my house, and on a sunny day its flowers smell even better. I started noticing it when I cut some of my lawn. He had been sleeping under the tree for the last few days. The moss where he lay was flattened and a large paw print had been imbedded. With a smile I walked away clearly knowing he was sitting on a high limb above me. I had left him a note on the table asking for his size in clothes. Once he filled it out I told him the spare room was all his and left a pile of new clothes on the bed, along with a few different styles of shoes. He hadn’t made any requests as to what his style was, so I did my best. After another week of this I started seeing him pace back and forth in front of my house on two legs. Clearly he wanted to sleep inside, the bugs were probably eating him alive.

    Not to mention it was stating to get colder, which isn’t that big of a deal, as long as he’s in wolf form. I was making dinner and had made enough for three people. Chicken alfrado with garlic bread and wine. The door was open and only the screen door was blocking him from coming in. fixing myself a bowl and pouring a glass of chilled wine, I sat with my back to him at the dinner table. Everything with wolves is body langue, I’m less dominate if I can’t see you, sneaking up on me. Clearly I could hear him getting closer, and who wouldn’t my cooking was great.

    Not that I’m bragging or anything, but my mother was Italian and French. What more could you ask for, she had traveled around the world because my grandfather was in the military. So she learned all kinds of cooking styles and passed them on to me. I was surprised he was lasting this long with the smells he must have been drooling. The screen door creaked open and he stepped in letting it close behind him with a light bang. Finishing the mouthful I had, I got up and made another bowl, making sure to add a big piece of garlic bread on one side.

    Pouring another glass of wine and putting both on the table across from me. Here’s the catch I didn’t look at him or touch the chair, which would have implied I wanted him to sit with me. Returning to my food and book, I otherwise ignored him. He didn’t waste much time sitting down across from me. Seeing his reflection in my glass I tried not to smile as he took the first bite and his eyes widened. After that he was hooked and ate everything, including the bread and wine. I did notice him looking around at the counter, which implied he was still hungry. Without a word I took his bowl out from under him and filled it back up, adding another piece of bread. Putting it back under his nose and returning to my book. Peering at me for a second before cleaning the bowl as well.

    He noticed way before I did, or he smelled it. The bandage I had wasn’t holding up and blood started to leak through. Without a second thought he grabbed my arm.
“Huh!” Looking up from my book.
“Your arm is still bleeding.” He sounded annoyed, for some reason.
“Ohh, huh guess it is. I’ll rewrap it in a second.” Pulling my arm away.
“Don’t be stupid, its not cleaned properly. I can still smell him on you.” Taking my arm a little harder this time. I sighed, placing my book mark in and closing the book.
“Are you going to fuss about this now?” frowning.

“I’m not fussing over anything.” Growling at me.
“Then let go!” Leaning my free hand for my head to sit on. He was having a hard time deciding what to do, I had just given him an order to let go, but at the same time told him he was fussing over me. This made it so he was stuck, he was going to have to choose what he wanted to do.
    Any second now he would burst into a rage and either storm out of the house or he could just rip my arm off. Wasn’t really sure where he was gonna go with this one. Finally the pressure was just to much for him. “Damn it! You’re a pain” Pulling me out of the chair and dragging me to the bathroom. Pushing me down on the toilet seat cover and almost breaking my ass. He rummaged through my cabinets. I sat quietly holding in my laughter, and waited for him to figure out that all the medical items were under the sink.

    He eventually found everything and started unwrapping my horrible job of wrapping. However he didn’t seem pleased with the wounds on my arm. Looking at them for a long time, he finally yanked my arm over the sink.
“That hurts.” stretching over with running water.
“Deal with it.”
“Well aren’t you sweet.”
“Its your own fault, who let themselves get bitten?” the heat from his words tickled my noise.
“Well I wasn’t going to let him bite Sam” Not really getting where he was going with that.