-ˏˋeight:exposed and unexposed feelingsˊˎ-

"Frankie...do you like me?"

I had to be dreaming. That was the only proper explanation to Gerard asking me that. There was no way. Why would he? Did he sense the way I was staring at him and not want me to have those feelings? Or did he...like me? No, that last one was impossible. A person like Gerard can't like a person like me. It just wouldn't make any sense. I had lost track of where I was and remembered that I was in Gerard's room, on his bed, next to him, while he waited for an answer to his question. But I was too scared to answer it without knowing why exactly he asked it.

My nerves quickly caught up to me and I just looked down, eyes locking onto my guitar while I nibbled on my lip ring, allowing the metal to clink gently on my teeth so that there was some sound to distract me from my raging thoughts.

"Frankie?" he said my name again. I still didn't dare look at him. Suddenly, the weight on the bed shifted and he pulled the guitar from my lap. I held back from reaching for it like a little child, because it felt like a shield.

Gerard just set it down on the floor, leaning it against the bed and turned to face me again.

"Look at me," he said. But I just couldn't do it. I would rather live completely clueless to Gerard's feelings than be faced with rejection.

Gerard being, well, Gerard, wouldn't let his command go unfollowed. He used his index finger to tilt my chin up so that I was looking at him. My breaths were coming out in short puffs which grew even shorter when Gerard's hand moved up to cup my face. I shut my eyes and continued to work on my lip ring, surprised that it hadn't fallen out due to all the nibbling.

"You always do that when you're nervous," he chuckled slightly. I opened my eyes to look at him questioningly. "Your lip ring. Whenever you're nervous, you always bite on it." I got even more nervous because of Gerard noticing it, so I nibbled even harder on it. "You don't need to be nervous," he said, running his thumb along the part of my bottom lip that wasn't being chewed on.

A warm feeling was sent through my body at the contact. I stopped nibbling on my lip ring and Gerard ran his thumb along the newly exposed metal. I held my breath as Gerard leaned in closer, his face now just inches from mine and his breath ghosting over my lips. The hairs on the back of my neck prickled with each slow movement of his thumb on my lips.

"You don't have to answer me," he whispered, leaning in even closer. At this point I was breathing in every time Gerard breathed out, engrossed in just the taste of his breath. "If you just let me..." It took all of my will power not to gasp when Gerard pressed his lips to the corner of my mouth, just over my lip ring. Chilling sensations vibrated throughout my whole body and I just shut my eyes, not comprehending if what was happening was real or not...just enjoying it.

His lips travelled around mine, pecking at every inch of my lips. I was holding my breath now, not wanting to give Gerard any reason to stop. His small pecks alternated between my top lip and bottom lip, exploring them at every angle, before he stopped and rested his forehead against mine. His breaths were long and drawn out, like he'd just run a marathon. I finally released the breath I'd been holding and Gerard deeply inhaled as I did so.

"Stop me if you want to," he said and took no time at all to reattach his lips to mine. This time, hesitantly, I kissed him back, allowing my lips to dance with his. It was still innocent, but nothing could have felt more lustful and passionate at that moment. I was too scared to do anything else, so I allowed Gerard to do whatever he wanted and I simply complied. His hand moved from my cheek to the back of my head, fingers intertwining with my hair. He pushed my face closer to his, adding more pressure to our lips.

I wanted to touch him, let my hands explore his body, but I didn't have the courage. I simply brought one hand up to his waist, clutching onto the fabric of his shirt. Gerard took this as a signal to come closer, so he moved to straddle my lap. I gasped within the kiss when I felt that we both had slight bulges in our pants and they brushed against each other. Gerard smirked slightly and ran his tongue across my bottom lip, asking for entrance, but my breath hitched in my throat and my lips remained shut.