-ˏˋthirty two:birthday gift part oneˊˎ-

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX Time lapse: Week and a Half XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

The nightmares hadn't stopped at all, but they'd definitely gotten better. Gerard said I would just tremble a little in my sleep sometimes, but not too severe or often. I hadn't woken up much either, only once or twice where my eyes would snap open but I would fall right back asleep without waking Gerard.

When I woke up Friday morning, I was surprised to have woken up without Gerard pressing kisses to my neck. That was my favorite part of every morning, so I was disappointed not to have that on the morning of my birthday. I rolled over to wake him, but he wasn't on the bed, or anywhere in the room for that matter.

I looked towards the bathroom, but it was open and he wasn't in there. I frowned in disappointment. I didn't want to sound like a whiny child but I was hoping Gerard would wake me up in some "special" way of his. I dragged myself out of bed and went to the bathroom to wash my face.

On the counter of the sink was a small container filled with different types of make-up and a bow on top. I picked it up and noticed a small note pasted to the side. I recognized Gerard's handwriting and smiled right away before even reading it.

He wrote:

"Present #1:
Some make-up for your costume. I don't want you to cover your sexy face, but whatever makes you happy."

My smile grew right away. I should have known Gerard had something up his sleeve. He knew how much I loved Halloween. The fact that this was only "present #1" definitely excited me a little. I cleaned myself up and quickly went to apply the make-up. I covered my face in a thick amount of white make-up. I could tell the make-up Gerard bought wasn't cheap. It applied amazingly. I continued, using the black make-up to draw heavy dark circles around my eyes. Then I drew a circle around my mouth as well. I was starting to look like a mime...

I shrugged and continued, taking a charcoal pencil that was used for eyeliner and using it to apply squiggly lines going up and down from the circles around my eyes to give me a corpse effect. Then I used the same pen to draw lines going down from my bottom lip down to my chin. I smiled at my reflection, satisfied with the outcome. I loved Halloween, not just because of my birthday, but it had to be the best holiday ever.

I went into the room to change. I never really wore costumes that involved clothes; I always just liked to do crazy face paint and wear casual clothes. Today, I wore my usual pair of skinny jeans, a t-shirt, and a denim jacket that belonged to Gerard. I headed upstairs but was stopped halfway by Gerard who was coming down the stairs. I grinned at him, feeling pretty proud of the make-up I'd done.

"I see you found my first gift," he smirked, closing the distance between us by taking a couple more steps down. I nodded, still smiling, and he circled both his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him and leaning down so our lips were just inches apart. "Happy birthday, baby."

I smiled in return, but leaned my head back when he came in for a kiss. He tilted his head, looking confused, and I pointed at my make-up.

"Really?" he laughed. "I can't give you a birthday kiss because of your make-up."

I nodded.

"Well, fuck," he sighed. "Oh, well, I'll make it work."

I raised my eye brow to wonder what he meant by that, but he was already pulling the buttons to my (well, his) denim jacket open and pulling down the collar of my t-shirt to expose the flesh on my collar bone and part of my chest. Before I could do anything, he pressed his tongue to my chest and licked all the way up to my neck, just where the make-up started. My breath hitched in my throat and I fell back against the wall and Gerard just took a step forward, holding my body up with his own pressed against it.