-ˏˋthirty seven:shaneˊˎ-

My eyes darted back and forth between Mikey and Gerard, waiting for either one of them to explain why we were going to meet up with Shane.

"Shall I explain or shall you?" Mikey finally spoke, looking at Gerard.

Gerard opened his mouth to speak, but I interrupted by pointing my finger right to his face. I wanted him to explain.

He laughed and said, "Ok. Well I got his number off of your phone because I told you last night I had to meet the guy and make sure he doesn't like you or anything. I was gonna go alone but I figured that would be wrong and weird, plus, I want to see how he acts around you."

I put my hand out towards him. He raised his eye brow, his eyes still on the road.

"What is it?" he asked.

I ignored his question and reached into his pocket, which was a little difficult in his sitting position. I pulled his phone out and opened his text messages so I could read the conversation between the two of them.

Gerard: "Is this Shane?"

Shane: "Yes."

Gerard: "You know Frankie right?"

Shane: "Yes. Who is this? Is this Frank?"

Gerard: "No, this is Gerard, his boyfriend. Frank's been busy so he hasn't kept in touch with you but I was thinking we should all get together and meet up or something. You and Frank can catch up. And I'll be there."

Shane: "ok."

Gerard: "Are you free today?"

Shane: "yes."

Gerard: "How about we meet in the park like at noon or something?"

Shane: "Ok."

The texts seemed to have stopped there, but then Shane texted Gerard again.

Shane: "Is Frank really coming or is this a prank?"

Gerard: "Of course he's coming."

Shane: "How do I know you're really his boyfriend?"

Gerard: "I swear I am."

Shane: "I don't believe you."

Gerard: "Want a picture of us together?"

Shane: "Fine."

The next message had a picture of me sleeping and Gerard smiling next to me. That ass hole! He took it this morning. My sleep was starting to get heavy. I used to wake up at the smallest things, but the sleeping habits of the rest of the Way family were contagious.

Shane replied again, saying, "Ok. Noon, then."

And that was the end of the messages. I glared at Gerard, mostly for sending that picture.

"At least you look sexy when you're asleep," he shrugged innocently, already knowing exactly what I would be mad at.

"Do I even wanna know what you're talking about?" Mikey asked and I just handed him Gerard's phone so he could see the messages.

"Frankie you are not cute when you sleep," Mikey simply said, handing Gerard's phone back to me. "Don't lie to him, Gerard."

"Shut up," Gerard said. "Are you jealous 'cause you haven't seen Alicia asleep, you virgin?"

"Shut up!" Mikey squeaked, and I couldn't help but laugh at how high pitched his voice got.

We finally arrived at the park before Mikey and Gerard could argue further. The park was pretty empty and I could easily spot a small figure on the swing set, which I guessed to be Shane.