-ˏˋten:dysfunctionalˊˎ-

There was fumbling at the front door and then it opened. There was a loud bang before it closed shut. I could hear Gerard giggle slightly.

"Oops," he laughed. I heard him stumble into the living room. "Oh, heyyy, Mikes. Haha the door hit my face."

Mikey didn't say anything.

"Mikeeeyyy why are you so quiet?"

"It's 3 in the morning," Mikey said somberly. "Everyone is asleep."

"Not you," Gerard burst out laughing. "Oh, and Frankie."

My body stiffened. How the fuck did he always know??

"He's asleep," Mikey lied. "And whoever the fuck was with you woke me up."

There was some shuffling and I heard Gerard's feet getting closer to me.

"What're you doing?" Mikey asked.

I could feel Gerard's body leaning over me, his beer breath suffocating me as it blew over my face.

"Nope, he's awake," Gerard said. "But he's gonna ignore me." My eyes flew open at this and I was met with Gerard's half-lidded and bloodshot eyes right in front of mine. "See, told you he's awake. But Frankie wants to ignore me." Gerard stood up straight-well as straight as he could in his state-and turned to face Mikey, slightly stumbling mid-spin. "You see, I went out to think, like think really hard, and I got it!" He turned back around to face me. "You wanna ignore me because you don't like me. You don't like me because you like Mikey." My eyes widened. What the fuck was he saying?

"Gerard, you're drunk and you seriously need to go the fuck to sleep," Mikey said.

"This is all your fault," Gerard said, turning to face Mikey. When he lifted up his hand to point at Mikey, I noticed a beer can in his hand. "If Frankie didn't like you, then he could like me!"

"Gerard you have no idea how stupid you sound right now," Mikey scoffed.

"Fuck you, Mikey!" he yelled, but didn't sound that intimidating because his words slurred together.

"Go to sleep, you're gonna wake Mom and Dad up," Mikey said, impressing me with how calm he was staying. The only thing keeping me quiet was that I didn't talk.

"I don't give a fuck," Gerard muttered. "I fucking hate you!"

Gerard then did something I did not expect. He chucked the beer can at Mikey but fortunately for his drunken state, the half-filled can flew right by Mikey's head and shattered the living room window.

"What the fuck, Gerard?!" Mikey finally exclaimed, looking back and forth from the window to his brother.

"Boys??!!" Donna's voice came from her bedroom, followed by the loud sound of her and Donald's footsteps. They appeared in the living room and Donna gasped when she saw the window. "What the hell is going on?!"

"Now you wake up?!" Mikey yelled. "I mean seriously! Is this family cursed with being the heaviest fucking sleepers in the world?!"

"Not now, Mikey," Donald spoke calmly and quietly, signaling his son's sarcasm. It was official. Mikey inherited his father's genes, and Gerard inherited his mother's. "What happened?"

I sat up, feeling like all of this was my fault. The whole family was awake and arguing at 3 AM and it was all offset by me.

"Your son here came home drunk and threw a fucking beer can at my head," Mikey said, pointing at Gerard.

"Drunk?" Donna asked, going over to her older soon and grabbing his face. It looked like she was smelling his breath. "And why are you in my house while you're drunk? You know my rules, Gerard."