-ˏˋthirty:out of harmˊˎ-

"Fraaaankiiieeee," I could hear Gerard whine from behind the closed bathroom door. I was in the shower cleaning myself off from our...semi-sex-that's what I had decided to call it-and he desperately wanted to get in and shower with me, which I would have allowed, except that I knew he wouldn't keep his hands to himself, and we had to get done quick before our parents were home. We had to be ready to explain to them what happened with my father.

I had just finished cleaning my hair off. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped the towel around myself. Gerard was still knocking at the door and I finally opened it. He barged in but frowned when he saw that I was done.

"That is not fair," he pouted like a child. I rolled my eyes and tried to step past him, but he blocked my way. I tried to step around the other side, and he blocked me again. "I want a kiss since I'm gonna have to shower all by myself."

I shook my head, simply in the mood to be stubborn.

"You act like I give you a choice," he laughed and before I could react, he grabbed my shoulders and held me against the wall, quickly attaching his lips to mine. I may have been able to resist, except that he grabbed my crotch behind the towel and I gasped, allowing him to thrust his tongue into my mouth. I gave in and allowed him the kiss, but then pulled away when his hands went to pull the towel off.

I glared at him and he shrugged innocently. "I'm satisfied now," he smiled and I rolled my eyes and went out into the room, closing the door behind me. I got dressed to the sound of Gerard humming in the shower. He was humming one of the melodies I'd played for him on the guitar and it brought a huge smile to my face that he knew it by heart.

I always loved when he hummed or even sang random lyrics to the melodies I played. He had a talent for singing and songwriting, but he was always too scared to explore it so it remained a thing between the two of us, which I couldn't complain about because I still got to enjoy it.

By the time he finished showering, I was finished getting dressed and he stepped out of the bathroom in his towel, still humming the melody. I was still grinning and he noticed that and continued humming while he got dressed.

"How do you think your mom is gonna react to us going to see your dad?" Gerard asked, looking for a pair of pajama pants in his mess of a room.

I took my cell phone from the nightstand and sat on the edge of the bed, thinking for a while. I wasn't sure how my mom would take to it.

I wrote, "She might be happy but she might be really freaked out that I went to see him without her there. She always felt like she protected me but still didn't protect me enough."

I held out my phone and Gerard stepped over to read it. He nodded, understanding.

"Well as long as she sees you're okay," he said, taking a seat next to me. "I haven't asked you how you're feeling since it all happened."

"Good, of course," I quickly wrote and added, "I've been good. Since I'm here, I'm not really scared of him doing anything."

"Are you sure you're good?" he asked again. "It's okay if you're not."

I shook my head and smiled at him genuinely. I really did feel safe here. He looked apprehensive at first, but then smiled back, cupping my cheek and kissing me briefly and innocently.

"Mom, Dad, and Linda are here!" Mikey's voice called from the door of the basement.

"You ready?" Gerard asked and I nodded. He took my hand and walked me up the stairs.

Mikey was in the living room, standing in front of our parents who were all sitting on the sofa like they were getting ready to watch a performance.