-ˏˋtwelve:crossing the lineˊˎ-

Gerard's punishment for getting drunk and breaking the window was paying for its repair. I could hear them complaining and arguing while I still sat in Gerard's bedroom.

"Come on, Ma!" Gerard whined. "I'm already broke!"

"You had money to buy beer, you can find money to fix my window," she said firmly.

"But, Ma!"

"Don't 'but ma' me, Gerard!" she yelled, getting louder. "When you turned 21, I said go out and get drunk all night for all I care. But you do not bring your drunk ass to my house! And even worse, you do not bring your fucking beer and then break my window!"

I flinched at how loud Donna was getting. She hardly ever cussed that bad. I prayed for Gerard's sake that he stayed quiet. Even I knew her enough to know that he was in dangerous territory now.

Luckily, I didn't hear him say anything.

"Now, call someone to fix my window. I am not spending another night with that damn window open."

"Yes, Ma," he said calmly and I heard him make his way back down to the basement. I had forgotten that I was sitting on the ground, so when Gerard got back he knelt down next to me worriedly.

"Are you ok?" he asked, like a worried mother. "Did you fall or something?"

I shook my head and just shrugged like it was nothing.

"The floor looked comfortable to you?" he said, smiling.

I nodded, smiling right back at him. This was comfortable enough-the atmosphere. It was nice. It was normal.

I pointed towards the stairs, and Gerard knew I was talking about Donna.

"Yeah, she's fucking pissed," he sighed. "She said the word fuck. I hardly hear her say the word fuck. I don't know why she got so pissed this time. It was weird."

I raised an eye brow at him. He didn't' know why she was pissed? He broke a window.

"No, no," he laughed. "I mean, yeah, I broke a window. But I've done a lot of stupid shit while drunk and she never gets this mad."

I shrugged and reached for his front pocket. I was just trying to reach for his phone, but we both stiffened when I stupidly realized that his front pocket was much too close to his crotch for comfort. My hand kind of froze on the outside of his pocket, which didn't make the situation much better.

"Uh...y-you...my phone?" he asked, tripping over his words.
I gulped and nodded, pulling my hand back. Fuck, things were gonna be a whole lot more awkward.

He pulled his phone out and handed it to me, wondering what I wanted with it, but I pushed it towards him, closer to his ear hoping he got what I was trying to say.

"Ooooh," he nodded. "You want me to call someone to fix the window?"
I nodded.

"Ok, Ma," he laughed. "Geez, no wonder my mom loves you."

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. I liked Donna, so I didn't want her to continue being in a bad mood. Plus, I felt bad because she had no idea that Gerard had been in his bedroom the whole night and it was because of me.

Gerard stood up from next to me and sat on the edge of his bed. I stood up, too, but just stood in my spot. Before I could decide to leave or stay, I heard the basement door open.

"Is Frank down here?" Mikey asked from the top of the stairs.

"Yeah," Gerard called out.

"Oh, ok," was all Mikey said, but he didn't come down.