-ˏˋnine:be spontaneousˊˎ-

Who knew how long I was laying there in Gerard's bed, crying into his pillow. I was starting to get a headache so I decided I should probably stop, especially in case Gerard came back. I didn't want him to see me like this. I sat up and wiped my tears.

"Crap," I muttered, when I noticed that my eye liner had stained Gerard's pillow. I flipped the pillow over, hoping he wouldn't notice it.

I didn't know what I was supposed to do then. Was I supposed to talk to Gerard? Or just leave him be? I wouldn't blame him if he began to hate me. Honestly, even if he liked me, what happened was proof that he shouldn't be with me. Me not talking would always get in the way of our relationship, so he was better off. The only thing I regretted was hurting him because he thought I didn't like him.

I picked up his sketchbook and flipped to the drawing he had just done of me. We had one day of things being back to normal. But of course it wouldn't last. I got the pencil and wrote on the backside of the drawing:

"Gerard, I'm sorry I couldn't talk and tell you how I was feeling. I wanted to write here so I could tell you that my answer to your question was yes. I do like you. A lot. I just couldn't say it obviously. There's a lot of things I won't be able to say that need to be said and not just written and this was one of those times. There would be a lot of those times and I don't think you need to put up with it. So, yes, I like you, but because I like you I think you're better off without me. Thank you for being there and for accepting me, but this is best for you. As happy as I was for us to go back to normal. It's probably best for you to go back to ignoring me.

--Frank"

I shut Gerard's sketchbook and made my way upstairs, taking my guitar with me. The house was empty except for Mikey who had fallen asleep on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn in his lap. Gerard was nowhere in sight and when I looked out the window of the living room I saw that his car was gone as well.

"Hey, Mikey," I nudged Mikey's knee and he twitched in his sleep, rolling over. The popcorn fell out of his lap and all over the floor. His eyes snapped open.

"MY POPCORN!"

"You wake up for the popcorn but not when I call you," I rolled my eyes.

"Popcorn is important," he said matter of factly, taking off his glasses so he can rub his eyes, then putting them back on and squinting at me. "Why are you up here? Shouldn't you be downstairs getting fucked?" He stopped and gagged. "I really need to stop making these jokes, I disgust myself."

I laughed weakly.

"Uh-oh," he sat up and patted the seat next to him.

"What?" I asked, sitting next to him.

"Well first of all, your eyes are fucking red," he said and I looked down. "And second you fake laughed instead of getting red or something. So something must have happened."

I would have started crying right then and there except that I had cried it all out onto Gerard's pillow. Now it was just...numbness.

"Gerard said he liked me," I said plainly and Mikey almost smiled until he saw my expression. "Well not exactly, but he asked if I liked him, I got too nervous to answer but he kissed me." Typically, this would have been Mikey's cue to gag or something, but he knew when to be serious. "I freaked out and made him stop. I don't know why. I just...I don't know. I got nervous because it was all just too perfect. But he took it the wrong way. He thought that meant I didn't like him. He wouldn't let me explain and he left. I hurt him pretty bad."

"Aw, Frankie," Mikey rubbed my back.

"God, I'm so stupid," I sighed.

"No, you're not," he said. "It's ok. You sure as hell weren't expecting Gerard to come right out and ask...shit I wasn't either...so you couldn't help but freak out. You and Gerard both react like suddenly, damn no wonder you're perfect for each other. Well, anyways, yeah you guys react pretty bad to like surprises and stuff so you reacted bad to him coming out and asking you and he reacted bad to you not answering right away."