Chapter 2

Dan's POV

"Yes, I'm new here," I say, "Nice to meet you, Phil. I'm Dan."

This was just too perfect. I don't think I've ever had a target introduce themselves to me. I have a good feeling that this is all going to fall into place easier than I had previously thought.

I arrived in Manchester a few days ago and have "moved in" to a host-apartment that was put together by Eden. I'm living there on my own, so if anyone comes over, I'll just have to tell them my parents aren't home. It's a small-ish place, but it's nice. The living room is spacious, there's a nice kitchen, a bathroom and two bedrooms. It's completely furnished so it looks like someone actually lives there. I don't entirely like the decor, as it's quite colorful for my taste, but I'll survive. I've definitely lived in worse conditions. (A/N: This apartment is NOT meant to be similar to either of the Dan and Phil apartments that we've seen in their videos, it's entirely random.)

When I first walked into the apartment, I was greeted with brown walls and tan couches, one against a wall and the other off to the side so they formed an 'L' shape. On either side of the couch against the wall were brown, wooden night stands, a black lamp on each. An olive-green rug lay in the middle of the wooden floors and a large painting of the Eiffel Tower hangs from the wall that doesn't have any furniture against it aside from an old piano - which I was actually quite excited to find and will definitely be utilizing. A decent sized television faces the scene.

The living room wasn't so bad, but the kitchen that's directly next to it is absolutely horrendous. As far as size and space goes, it's fine because it's just me living here. As far as appearance goes, however, it's clear that the last person to stay in this apartment before it was taken over by Eden stayed there in the '80s. The landlord allowed people to paint the walls of the apartments, and the kitchen is white with yellow sponge-painted over it on all four walls. The floors are a pale yellow and navy-blue checkered pattern. Pale yellow and navy blue. It's awful. A small, tan, wooden, round table with four chairs surrounding it all sit in the corner. There's a sink and a few tan, wooden cupboards with a white trash can in the corner. There's a decent fridge and a black, gas oven. The kitchen is complete with a wobbly ceiling fan and two windows that overlook the neighborhood.

It just gets worse as you go further into the house. The bedroom that I will not be taking that I guess is supposed to pass for my parents' bedroom is also sponge-painted, but in pink. The only reason I will ever go into that room is because there's a black bookshelf next to the bed with some actual books in it that look interesting. Or maybe I'll just move the shelf into my own room. There's a black dresser in the corner of the room and a closet on the opposite corner. The dresser looks kinda cool, but I don't want it bad enough to go through the effort of moving it to my room. The bed itself has a black frame, but the blankets are red and a faded-pink color to match the walls, all of which are absolutely hideous. There's two windows in this room too, covered with red curtains.

The bathroom isn't much better. For one thing, it's extremely small. It's got a toilet and a sink and a bath/shower all smushed together very closely. The three appliances are all white. The wooden cabinets below the sink and above the toilet are all a dark tan/brown color. Oh, yeah, and there's more sponge paint. This time, it's a pastel, lavender purple colored sponge design over white. The floors are green tile. Green tile. I'm talking dark, Christmas tree color green tile. The shower rug is also green and looks like it's made out of Easter grass, and the flimsy shower curtain is the same purple color as the walls.

My room is honestly the only normal looking room in the apartment besides maybe the living room. Either the person that lived here before Eden took over really loved color, or Eden renovated when they took over and tried too hard to make it look like someone actually lives here. The walls of my room - or, the room that I picked to be mine because it was the lesser of two evils - are a soft, pastel, baby blue color that I wasn't fond of and still don't particularly like, but it's not vomit-pink and it wasn't painted on the walls with a sponge, so I'm satisfied. A beige rug covers most of the wooden floors. A queen sized bed that just barely fits in the small room rests in the middle of it with a black and gray comforter over it. A gray dresser sits in the corner of the room and there's a small closet. There's two windows in here two, both of which are covered by ugly, blue curtains. Like I said though, it's the lesser of two evils.