Chapter 8

Dan's POV

I feel like I may have gotten a bit too excited when Phil asked me to come over, but I'm finally getting another chance to kill this guy which makes me happy. I'm determined to off this guy once and for all tonight. Although, it might be a bit tough to do that if his mother is around or snooping on us. I don't know the woman, so I don't know if she's going to be one of those cool mums that will just leave me and Phil alone, or if she'll constantly be checking in on us. Considering I never saw her once when I went to Phil's house to work on our Chemistry project and she was apparently home, I'm assuming it's the first one. Nevertheless, I feel the need to call my superiors to ask them a bit more about my mission.

I pull out my phone and dial.

"Ten," A monotonous voice states.

"I'd like to report, and ask a bit more about what this mission entails."

"I'm pulling up your file now. What do you have to report?"

"I'm making good friends with this Phil Lester so far. In fact, he just called me and asked me to come over, which I think will be a pretty good opportunity for me to complete my mission."

It's then that I remember I contemplated making Phil's death look like a suicide, which I won't be able to do if his mother is there with us.

"Good, do you think you'll - "

"Although I'm not entirely sure because over the phone he said his mother would be there," I continue, "Which is why I wanted to ask if killing the mother is also out of the question."

"It says here that you are only to kill Phil Lester, and that the death must look like an accident."

"I know, I know. Okay, does it only have to look like an accident until I get out of there? Like, could I slip him cyanide or something?"

"They'd find traces of it in the autopsy."

"I'm aware of that."

"The assassination needs to look like a death in every aspect."

"Is there a reason for that?"

"Confidential, sorry. You know how it works, Ten. Orders are orders."

I sigh and run a hand through my hair, "Fine."

"If you don't think you're able to complete this mission - "

"I'm capable, I'm capable. Do you even know who you're talking to? If anyone is capable of killing Phil Lester, it's me. It's just going to be a bit more difficult than I expected."

"We told you it would be."

"I know."

"Do you have anything more to report?"

"No, that's all. I'll report again when I feel I've made any kind of progress."

I hang up.

If Phil's mother isn't up our asses the whole night, I might be able to take the non-suicide route and just find a way to suffocate Phil or something else mild. Maybe I can find out if he's allergic to anything and use that. Maybe I can find something else out about him. It has only been a short time that I've been here and sometimes these things take months; if I can really get to know this guy and figure out his weaknesses, I'll be able to use that against him.

I get ready, then grab my motorcycle helmet and head out.

x

Sunsets are much prettier in the suburbs, away from the city lights and pollution. The sky is just beginning to turn a light shade of pink as I arrive at Phil's house. I slow down my motorcycle and park in the driveway. I get off of the bike, remove the helmet and set it down, clipping it to the motorcycle. I make sure I've got my phone on me, then I check the inside pockets of my leather jacket. In it, I have a crumpled up plastic bag and a small knife, just in case things need to get a little messy. Hopefully they won't.